Ahh! Paris

Trip Start Feb 24, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of France  , Île-de-France,
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Well, this time I made it to Baggage Claim without getting lost. I got my bag and headed out. I found a tourism booth and asked about the train ticket, i.e. how to get into town, then go to Orly Airport. It was a little different than I had expected. For 18.90 euros, I got a pass to use the Metro and the Orlybus from the furthest point on the Metro. There is an Orlytrain, but for some reason, she said I couldn't take that into the airport. ???

I took the RER B and got off at Chatelet Les Halles. I was in search of a Boutique Orange (to purchase a phone) which was at the Forum. I went up the escalator (for once it wasn't stairs!) to look for lockers to put my bags. Couldn't find them. I asked at an information booth and found out that this station did not have lockers. Figures.

It was just as well, though, because it turns out that there is a Boutique Orange right there at the station. How cool is that? So in less than 15 minutes, I had bought myself a phone. For 29 euros you get a phone and 5 euros credit. I purchased an additional 5 euros. It was amazingly easily. I just had to show my passport, no signing of anything for a pay-as-you-go phone.

So, I turned around and got back on the RER B to the Denfert-Rochefereau Station. As soon as I walked outside, I saw the Orlybus. I got on, validated my ticket, and sat down. The lady at the tourism booth at CDG had said it might take an hour to get to Orly, but it didn't take anywhere near that.

I got out at the Ouest Terminal and just stood there for a minute getting my bearing. Then I made it to the right area and did the self check-in with the help of a really nice Belgian lady. I ended up helping her get her boarding pass printed out because she wasn't very computer savvy. It was too early for me to check my bag, so I sat around and wandered around the tiny terminal. I talked to DH on my new phone, using up a chunk of my credit, while charging it at the charging station. Just prior to checking my bag I went to the café and ate a Sandwich Printemps and drank a peach iced tea.

An hour before take-off, I could finally check my bag. Then I went downstairs to the gate. From there, we boarded a bus that took us to the plane. It looked like what a private jet looks like. I had two seats to myself, which was nice. The hour flight went by quickly.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: