Adelaide - part 1

Trip Start Nov 09, 2012
Trip End Mar 04, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
What I did
Adelaide Zoo, Rundle Street shopping centre, Chinatown

Flag of Australia  , South Australia,
Monday, November 12, 2012

AThe plane journey was long but not as bad as I anticipated – for a start, it was shorter
than I thought it would be, arriving in Adelaide just over 22 hours after we left – and that including a 2 hour stop over in Singapore. Now that was an interesting airport – I had the option to either
queue to use the loo – or use a 'squat and water hose' option. Not knowing what exactly to do with the hose (use on myself or the 'hole', and not trusting my weary legs to keep me in position, I
decided to queue... Next time I'm in France, I'll make up for being unadventurous...

The plane rides were good – with only a few bumpy moments where I wanted to get off.
Got to ride in the new A380's, massive massive lovely planes. I managed to watch Kath & Kimderella & Ted – 2 movies that were on my list – so that was good! I also managed to sleep which helped a lot – not only me, but poor Debs as well who I think managed to get some sleep also.

Adelaide airport was fine, and I found the airport security staff to be much like the TV shows – quite moody. Got told off for using my mobile phone too early – yes there were signs on the walls – but none dangling from the ceiling – need to make these things obvious!  We got to the hotel
yesterday morning – around 6.30am – and decided to have a cat nap until 10ish before we went out. We ended up waking at 5pm and decided to get take out delivered, watch TV and go back to sleep.  Sleeping last night however, was difficult - apparently Nightol doesn't work as well if you've been sleeping all day...

Today we went to Adelaide zoo and saw some lovely animals, my favourite being the sea
lions, giraffes, meer cats and mini penguins. We then went shopping at Rundle street malls which was very nice – until after we bought loads of stuff and had to lug it back – now my back's quite sore – lol- and Debs is hobbling round the room going 'ooh ooh ooh' lol

Australia it turns out is quite expensive – have gone over budget in day 1- but will try
to make up over the next few days. I did underestimate how expensive things were – so Dad, if you're reading this – feel free to transfer some money into my account... xxxx

Tomorrow we are going on a 2 day tour of Kangaroo Island, to see the seal colony, penguins
and koala bears, also get to go k yacking which I'm most looking forward to. I have a myriad of sea sickness preventions to try out,  including wrist bands, homoeopathic pills and ginger – wonder if it'll work! 

The weather's nice –  sunny and 23 degrees. Will get warmer at the weekend, with 35
degrees in Alice Springs and Darwin – lurvely!!

That's it so far –
another update to follow after Kangaroo Island and Adelaide part 2.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Steve Cryer on


Sorry Coffers are empty

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: