A slow day in Amman

Trip Start Aug 03, 2007
Trip End Aug 01, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Jordan  ,
Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well today was a real slow day for us. Unfortunately 'Petra's Revenge' had me up all night and Kirsten in the morning. This was the day that we were going to head back by way of Karek to see the castle, the Jordan Gorge as well as the Dlack Sea. This didn't happen. As in one of Barb's email she asked us if our mouths were sore from talking too much, and yes they have been moving, but our butt is what is sore! Lisa Mancuso, bless her soul, went to a pharmacy and found us some Immodium. We both took the highest dosage we could and didn't leave the hotel until 11:30 am. Kirsten called for a late check-out and they said fine or something like that. We headed back to Amman in tandom with the Ford-Kendrick's, but of course we stopped to take pictures of whatever looked interesting. There were camel signs and rock/tower formations on the lower road to Petra. We are not sure what they are, but had many ideas and guesses. The drive back seemed longer as out stomachs were still queezy, but we did survive. There were more sheep crossings and of course the vegetable stands. Kirsten started out driving, and I drove the rest of the way and even honked my horn a few times to tell people to get out of my way or to stay in "their" lane. It was kind of refreshing to drive with an attitude:-) We headed back to the house for a few minutes and then went shopping again. This time we didn't go to grocery stores, but to the Jordan River Fondation and Wild Jordan. The Jordan River Foundation is sponsored by Queen Noor to help preserve the women's art work. Wild Jordan has handmade banana leaf baskets, hand woven pillow covers, blankets, runners and wall hangings. They were beautiful and spendy! I did support both places. We followed that up with another trip to Safeway to get D.C., pita and a Ramadon chocolate tin. The tin was created for Ramadon with their symbols and of course good chocolates inside. We decided to have dinner at home as the stomach's were still a bit queezy. We had peanut butter, jelly and banana in a pita. It was good! Kirsten did school work and I layed around. I was productive and got post cards addressed and ready to write. Starbucks was calling our names and of course we had to go. Knitting and writing was on the docket for the eve as we waited for the Wheeler's to call about their house keys. The knitting project of candy corns was fun. Kirsten is on a roll and I, of course, seem to add more stitches - don't laugh Barb! Kirsten was able to figure this out but I still can't do it. Barb, I will need help. The evening ended about 9:30 and went to bed fairy early after that as school was tomorrow - that was hard concept to swallow. After goofing around for so long, and not having a clear television helps the process of going to bed. This was a real low key day, but all the same, enjoyable.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: