Day 9, Seaworld San Antonio, Tx

Trip Start Oct 06, 2009
Trip End Oct 21, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Texas
Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 9
Sea World San Antonio, TX
Well, today has been a very busy hectic and tiring day.  We got to Sea World at 10:00am this morning and started trying to explore the area to see where everything was.  We went to the Clydesdale Hamlet and walked through it looking at the Clydesdale's and then went to the dolphin cove at feeding time and watched and played with the dolphins and then proceeded to the Coral Reef and Shark Encounter.  After walking through it we started exploring more.  But while at the Coral Reef and Shark cove we saw all kinds of fish, sharks and rays, along with an occasional eel.  After being at that exhibit I have to confirm that my favorite fish is the Blue Tang, it is just really pretty and colorful.  We then worked our way towards lunch prior to the Beluga encounter, grabbed a quick lunch and I decided while we were working towards the Penguin Encounter that I wanted to ride the Steel Eel. So rather than doing the penguin encounter I rode the steel Eel and what a ride it was, It went so high I could see the town and parking lot then the bottom dropped out.  Afterwords, I looked at the picture they take as you hit maximum speed and I just had this horrible look of sheer terror on my face.  After getting off and seeing the time we skipped the penguin encounter and went to the training.  At the training we watched a video and listened to the trainers explain what we would be doing and how to interact with them.  We then went to put our wetsuits on and headed out to the tank.  As we got in the tank the coldness of the water hit us as we had started to over heat with the wet suits on sitting outside.  The belugas' gates we open and they just came and went as they wanted even the new 1 month old beluga.  Really cute but not sure what to do and kept trying to interact with us.  We cuddled them, splashed with them, rubbed heads, tails, flukes and even floated with them.  I am not quite sure what mom thought, but after it was over Dad had said well, I could have done that.  He didn't want to when we scheduled it because he wasn't comfortable with being in the water with the whales not being a good swimmer, but afterwords he was acting like he wished he could have done it.  After that we went to the showers, cleaned up and headed out.  We went for a snack and then I decided to ride the Steel Eel a second time, this time I made sure the sheer look of terror was not on my face.  We then made our way to the Shamu Stadium for Believe and then to the Beluga stadium for the Viva! show.  After wards we went to supper and then I rode the Journey to Atlantis, another surprise lose your stomach in your throat ride, but a good time none the less.  We finished up our shopping and took our souvenirs out to the van and headed to Shamu Stadium for the Hall-o-scream with Shamu.  We never did make it to the penguin encounter, oh well.  Next time.  It was 9:30pm before we returned to the hotel.  I just downloaded the pictures from my camera and from the CD I bought with the Beluga training and just looked at them.  So I will finish up my blog post a couple quick pic's and then head to sleep.  I will finish downloading pictures later but will put some pic's up temporarily.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: