Trip Start Mar 24, 2010
Trip End Apr 10, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Prince Hotel and Residence

Flag of Malaysia  , Wilayah Persekutuan,
Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today we got up early to get everything ready to leave and then went to breakfast, before going to the 'Sky Venture' a sky-diving simulator.

We walked up the stairs to the Sky Venture at 9.30 - half an hour before it opened as you had to book in. It was first in best dressed. We got in at 10.50am.

Mum and I walked around the mall and then went back to the skydiving place. We got there early and watched the group before us. We went in and put all our loose clothes, shoes, glasses and jewellery in a locker then went through to the next room and put on a jumpsuit and then went into another room where we practised. We learnt the symbols the instructor gave us (thumbs up- you're going good, middle finger up- chin up etc) and then had to lay on a bed like thing and do the body positions required to go on it. You had to look straight ahead, arms out straight but up a tad, tummy out and legs apart and bent. We then went back in the other room and put on a helmet, shoes, goggles and some earplugs- I hated these! We went into the room where the big wind-tunnel was and sat down around the outside of the tunnel. In our group was four other people, a couple from Malaysia and two friends from Europe. Everyone watched the instructor go first then it was my turn. I'm the only kid in the group, yet I have to go first. How's that fair? The instructor was in there with me. It was really fun. All around were windows so everyone in the group and about ten other people were watching me.
I went so high I was scared the fan would pull my hair out.
After it'd finished we got out of the jumpsuits and received a 'Flight Certificate'. Mum and I  went down into the main lobby-section of the Sky Venture to get our DVD of it and was told it had stuffed up - they were really apologetic, but it didn't make up for how upset we both were. They still made us pay 2 ringett for a keyring!

We went back to the hotel afterwards, grabbed our bags and checked out.

We walked to the Sky-rail, bought the tickets and went down to the bottom. Afterwards we got a taxi to our hotel although I really wanted to go on the bus. We checked in and went up to our room - the rooms really nice and quite a fair size.

There’s a great straight-on view  of the twin-towers from our window. We caught the monorail, then the underground train to the Petrona Towers. We walked around the shopping centre and found where we need to line up for the tickets to go up the towers and on the bridge.

We had lunch at Nandos it was quite nice but a little bit to spicy .After lunch we went outside to have photos with the towers and then came back to the hotel. After about half an hour in the hotel we walked to the Pavilion Shopping Centre, just across the road from the hotel. A security guard followed us and talked to us for maybe twenty minutes, we tried everything to get rid of him, walking really fast, going into shops, trying on clothes then finally he left. We went into heaps of shops then to a cafe. We bought some donuts and a cold drink each. We took the drinks back to the hotel to eat the donuts and here we are now.

Quite a bit of buildings and businesses turned off or dimmed their lights for Earth Hour and most shops had advertising for it encouraging everyone to participate as well as a car outside the Pavilion advertising it. This was not the only car though, as Malaysia’s F1 is coming up .All the race cars are inside or outside the shopping centres.

KATE - Leaving the resort was again tricky getting on the sky-rail. When we got to the bottom we had to buy the tickets for the bus – the next available bus was going to be 2 hours wait. There are taxi drivers everywhere trying to get your business. They managed to separate myself from my daughter so when I found out there was going to be a long wait for the bus, I had to  jump out of line to see if she wanted to wait or catch a taxi. I then had trouble talking to her as the taxi driver kept butting in (I can take you straight to your hotel........) By the time I got to the top of the queue again, the bus had booked out and I had another hours wait (so three hours in total). Much to Melissa's disappointment, we ended up catching a taxi to the hotel

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Davina on

great to see you having a lovely holiday

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: