Do's and Don'ts in Costa Rica- and some more fauna
Trip Start Jan 13, 2011
22Trip End Dec 01, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Speaking of airing.. they just ran a rerun of the Price is Right show when I won the showcase last Wednesday... so everybody could see how crazy I was all over again.. still makes me laugh and wonder how lucky or fortunate, I am. I am lucky... or more important, I feel so grateful and blessed for the opportunity to be doing what I am doing!
My travels: the people I have met, the places I have seen, the food I have tasted, the experiences have been AMAZING. In a word, it has been INCREDIBLE.
Here is a short list of some DOs and DON'ts in Costa Rica that might be helpful if you ever get the opportunity to come to this beautiful country or for those of you that have been here.. will chuckle about.
1. always look in your shoes before putting them on.- definitely your boots.. there's room for more.
2. always check your beverage before drinking- there is usually something in it the flies or crawls.
3. don't believe anyone, especially when asking for directions, 3 different people will give you 3 different answers and you never will find it. They just want to be helpful and friendly, even if they don't know.
4. don't trust that anyone will show up for an appointment or time when they say... a lot of no- shows.
5. Don't trust the bus schedule that is printed.. or if someone tells you a time, they really don't know. It comes when it comes.
6. Do carry an umbrella, at least from May-July
7. Don't expect things to taste the same as in the States, even if it is the same name brand you recognize.
8. Don't count on power- or internet.
9. Have plenty of candles and a battery operated flashlight.
10. Lift up the cushions and pillows to make sure something hasn't made itself comfortable before you do.
11. Do leave the lizards and geckos climb on the walls- they are eating the other bugs.
12. Don't put anything in the toilet except for what you do- do.
13. Don't stand under a knife rack during an earthquake (duh).
14. Don't leave home without it... your patience, that is.
15. Do brake for dogs in the road.
16. Do carry a stick and hold it in front of you when walking through the jungle.. you might get caught in a web or tangle.
17. Do wear shoes when in the grass... ANTS RULE!!
19. Do live each day to the fullest! you don't know what tomorrow will bring.
20.. Do appreciate the tranquility, peace and beauty of the country. It is an amazing wonderland of flora and fauna. Enjoy the moments... they will take your breath away.
I will include at this time some photos of the fauna, I have seen. and a tribute to my own Monet (a soft-coated wheaten terrier that Hallie has been taking care of in my absence. She just turned 11). here's to MO-MO. And some of my paintings... just in case any of you thought I was just sitting twiddling my thumbs... well some of that too.
Also if any of these paintings or photographs are of interest to you they can be purchased. All the photographs can be made into my place mats, cards, wall art, etc. Just email me if interested. (there are many more to choose from)
ENJOY.., and come with me on my next leg of my journey.
With peace, love, and color