Resort Review for Trip Advisor Members
Trip Start Mar 03, 2008
13Trip End Mar 12, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
For those of you who do not want to go through my boring travel blog here is the short review of the Valentin Resort:
1. Accommodation- Amazing large rooms with beautiful ensuites (we even had a bidet), large jacuzzi tub in our ocean front room (free upgrade) and king sized bed. Coffee maker, stocked mini bar, iron +board, large closet with safe and drawers. Tons of storage. Alarm clock with IPod adapter and charger. Air conditioning worked perfect and there was a ceiling fan. Our sliding glass doors opened up to the sand on the beach and was private with vegetation. Absolutely no complaints. Perfect location to between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Easy access to everything in the area if you had a rental car like we did.
2. Food- We never had a bad meal. All inclusive wine was enjoyable, meals were nicely proportioned so you could enjoy an appetizer/soup/salad, nicely presented entrees with lots of selection and excellent desserts. Anything you wanted to drink was available though we had a challenge explaining a blueberry tea. Service at the restaurant was top notch and everyone had a different ambiance. Huge selection at the buffet restaurant and a la carte on the beach for lunch as well as the buffet. You will not go hungry....ever.
3. Liquor- Top shelf liquor through out and they will generally make anything if they have the ingredients. Bar staff were friendly and helpful. Israel made us the greatest Margarita at the pool bar. Nice bonus was the whole week we only encountered one drunk tourist and he was handled promptly and with skill by the staff.
4. Service- From the valet parking attendants, concergie staff,cart drivers to maintenance staff. Everyone was happy, friendly and ever so helpful. They would do anything required to try and accomodate your every whim.
I swear there must have been 4 staff to every guest.
5. Beach- Beautiful white sand, lots of lounge chairs, a great water sport centre with hobby cats (free) and jet skiis for hire, a beach bar and a lined off swim area away from the rocks. There is coral in front of the ocean front rooms but none in the swim area a short walk up the beach. The main pool was clean, large and well serviced by staff.
6. The all important extras- these are the things that stood out as special. Unlimited beach towels as needed. No reservations required for meals and so many a la carte selections. Ample supplies of lotions, shampoo, soap etc in your room along with bathrobes and slippers. Turn down service at night. Golf cart delivery if you don't want to walk somewhere. It is a large resort and this did come in handy after diving all day and you want to get to your room quickly. Free internet access near the lobby. So many places to go for a quiet drink. Top notch evening shows even though we only saw 4 of them. Location, quality, service and value.
What else can I say....we would go back tomorrow if the price stayed reasonable. Let me know if you have specific questions and I will be pleased to assist.