A bus ride for the ages
Trip Start Jun 10, 2009
41Trip End Sep 07, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
several Greyhound buses/stations
Some of the things that made the trip interesting:
- A guy asking me what New Zealand b*****s were like (I couldn't think of an answer because I was trying not to laugh).
- The Greyhound people tried to leave my bike at two stations, in Albuquerque and Amarillo, and would have if I hadn't noticed the box sitting to the side after they had finished loading the luggage on the bus we were transferring to.
- Said during a thunderstorm: "Another opportunity to see your face illuminated by the electric night." I don't really know exactly what he meant or who he was talking to, but I sort of like it.
- A fat guy who was on the same bus as me for most of the trip was a carbon copy of Craig from "Malcolm in the Middle".
- One more overheard statement: "What circles do for squares, I do for circles." What?
I had a couple of books, so I made it through all right. I'm just glad there were no constantly-screaming babies or recently-released convicts. I was definitely glad when we arrived in Fort Smith, Arkansas.