Change of Plans

Trip Start Dec 13, 2006
Trip End Jan 31, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Panama  , Bocas del Toro,
Monday, January 24, 2011

Mike and I returned to Bocas del Toro after a grueling, 32-hour motoring trip against a 2 knot current, in lumpy seas, rain and poor visibility.  What a trip!  Not at all what we had expected from the weather report we checked before leaving.  We were very glad to arrive and were able to pull right in to Marina Carenero. 

Mike has had some health problems and feels it unwise to be at sea, far from help if needed.  So we have decided not to continue sailing.  Of course, that means we are selling the boat.  We are hoping to sell it while here in Panama.  .

We have had over 4 years of exciting sailing experiences and have met over 800 like-minded individuals from all over the world.  We are grateful for having been able to do this and will always cherish these memories. 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: