Trip Start Sep 18, 2010
Trip End Oct 14, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Monday, October 11, 2010

Our last day in Cabo started pretty much like every other one, beautiful blue skies and warm temps. Katrina was out the door early for an 8am facial. We had a 12 o'clock check out so we wanted to squeeze a few things in. I went and collected our bag of washing from the laundry, another $7 well spent! Katrina returned from her facial which she reported was a new experience as it was a guy who did it. Then we packed our gear up and headed down to the beach to get a glass bottom boat water taxi to take us over to Pelican Beach one last time. We were in luck the water was really glassy early and the clarity was superb. I'm not a diver but it was the clearest water I'd ever seen...once again there were fish everywhere and the girls had bought some crackers this time which they crumbled up and placed into an empty water bottle to take out and feed the fish. Hundreds of them swarmed around them immediately it was like a cloud there for a while but once they ran out of tucker the fickle buggers moved on fairly quickly. Lily once again wanted to climb the rock and jump in so I followed her up to supervise while Katrina tried to film. Hannah was happy just to swim around near the beach. We only booked an hour at Pelican so we hopped in the boat and headed back to Medano Beach and booked a couple of jet skis for half an hour, Katrina and Hannah on one and Lily and I on the other. Katrina and I took a back seat and let the girls drive and the water wasn't so busy early so the girls were really able to open them up and get some pace going. We had a couple of races, checked out the different ends of Medano Beach and raced around pretty much at full throttle for the haf hour. Hannah was so excited she was able to go full throttle without any fear she was beside herself. Just a shame we couldn't get any pics as the underwater camera had carked it. After the jet skiing it was back to the room for final packing and then checkout at about 12.30pm. We had a couple of hours to kill before we had to get a taxi to the airport so we went down to the mall for lunch where Lily insisted on another round of Johnny Rockets burgers and a peanut butter shake. My arm didn't need any twisting as I was keen to have a last crack at the chilli fries and peanut butter shake myself. We stuffed ourselves well and truly once again then it was off for some final souvenir shopping. The rest of the trip back to LA was largely uneventful save for Los Cabos airport where we had to sit and swelter while waiting for our flight because the air conditioning had shut down. We were just glad it was a 5pm flight!
Back in LA we picked up the rental car and made it back to Chad and Jessica's place at about 9.30pm. The whole family was in bed when we got home but they had considerately left the front door open for us so we snuck upstairs quietly hopefully without disturbing them. We were all pretty beat so were happy to go straight to bed and get some zzzz's.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: