Trip Start Jun 01, 2002
74Trip End Sep 11, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Yep - after a period of time in London and starting to fall into a routine one has to make some harsh decisions. That is...do I dress up in black lacy lingerie and run through Piccadilly circus singing "Wake me up before you go go!!" at the top of my voice, whilst leaping in the air ballerina style ...or do I just pack my backpack and head off travelling via Spain, USA, Canada then back through Amsterdam. I will let you decide which option I went with...
If I cast my little memory (not sure if there are too many brain cells left) back to the time when my trustee flight centre agent asked me where I wanted to go after London, I remember looking up at the world map and randomly saying "hell why not... Canada, USA then China" and within two swipes of my credit card my ticket was confirmed. 9 months on and I have no real intention of leaving London, but thought hey I may as well use as most of the ticket as I can - so here I come again world for Part 2. Watch this space!
On a side note, one hopes to learn from their mistakes and observations from previous outings into that big bad world of travels and I plan to learn from those lessons this time around. But being the sharing individual I am I thought I would share a few with you all:-
1. A pocket knife is not hand luggage. It is also considered a dangerous and lethal weapon and therefore is not accepted through X Ray machines or onto aeroplanes. Begging does not work.
2. We have all heard the rule, pack your pack and then half what you take. This time actually do it!
3. Imodium is NOT part of the 5 nutritional food groups recommended by leading dieticians and doctors.
4. Alcohol is not really more important then accommodation when low on cash?
5. There is no such thing as "Budget travel insurance, will save me money in the long term"
6. The ability to act out charades is a primary skill required when you cannot speak the foreign tongue!
7. God cannot help with relieving the pain of stomach cramps. Trust me
8. McDonalds = Toilet Heaven, Lonely Planet = Bible, Locals = The best source of information
9. Qantas and British Airways do not condemn bartering for a better seat or price on tickets. This is not Egypt they say!
10. Enjoy every minute of it!
I will be leaving on Thursday 24th April for my first stop Barcelona, Spain and have already registered at www.iAMdumbANDstupidANDwantTOBEAbullfighter.es until then take care...