Trip Start Mar 31, 2013
20Trip End May 08, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Well not a nice wake up call this morning at 7am. The Captain has had to make a very difficult decision. Apparently the wind at Puerto Arenas was too strong to dock safely. The local authorities also closed the port in the end. The next bad news was the weather forecast for the next four days, an extreme cold front passing through with Hurricane strength winds and extremely high seas. This he informs us will not allow us to go to Ushuaia (the Southern most City in the World) and most disappointingly we will not be going to Cape Horn!!#!#! We will travel very slowly, hiding out in the Fjords until the front passes. They will add another port later on if time allows. As you can imagine there are a lot of very disappointed and angry passengers on board. This did not stop Peter and I from our daily mile walk around the deck this morning. We were well rugged up and forced our way around the deck (sited a whale too). They have now closed the outside decks (getting very windy now with hail) Lots of fun and interesting activities have been put on for the passenger to entertain themselves.
May not be another travel report for a few days until we get to Internet at a port. I can send this written report but not pictures as the Internet on board is very expensive and it takes a long time for photos to download.