Wedding Day

Trip Start Aug 28, 2008
Trip End Sep 24, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Washington
Saturday, September 6, 2008

We were all up and down at breakfast by 8am.  Matthew had spent the night in with Richard Hill his best man.  The big job for the bestman and maid of honour was making sure that the bride and groom didn't see each other while they were both at the same hotel.  They took breakfast in shifts and then Matthew went with all the boys back out to the famr house to clean up from last night.  After seeing the photos the boys cleaned up while the boys from the wedding party had a spa. 

The girls took it in shifts to get their hair done and Ruby had a sleep for an hour but woke up grumpy.  We had family photos with Matthew at 2:30pm and Ruby wouldn't smile or be without her dummy.  The photographer said to leave her dummy and he could fix it later.  The weather was really warm and I think that was another reason why she was grumpy.  We took the kids back to the room and had the air conditioner on.  At about 4pm we ventrued down to the wedding area.  Guests were starting to arrive.

We had a few wardrobe malfunctions.  Dad had a split in his suit pants right at the fly and then some of Linda's dress was coming apart so Mum was called on to sew up both.

Ashton was carrying around his puppy dog and had it sitting down on his seat before the wedding so he knew where he had to sit.  Ruby and him were happily running around throwing rosepetals up in the air.  Then it came time for the wedding and Ruby was happy until she saw Linda and then she laid on the floor and wouldn't move.  Ashton walked down the aisle fine and did what he needed to and I had to try and coax Ruby down and finally she did it.  All the wedding party looked lovely.  Linda's twin sister did a reading of a Bango Paterson's poem and Linda was already crying then.  I had to walk up the back as Ruby wouldn't stop talking and a few times she was saying YUK.  She kept talking the whole time so I didn't hear much of the ceremony but there were a few videos around that we care getting a copy of. 

We had some family photos after the ceremony and then there reception was next door in the tent.  As it was a very warm day this was nice.  They had salmon or roast beef with vegies for the meal and then had the speeches.  Dad got up and did his speech and he was really good.  He wore a napkin over his crutch as it had already been mentioned about his wardrobe problem.  The bridesmaid speech made everyone cry and then the best man's speech made everyone cry with laughter.  After all speeched we moved indoors to cut the lamington wedding cake.  Linda and Matthew did their first dance as husband and wife.  They had been going to dance lessons and it was nice, although they had learnt the dance on a big dance floor and the one at Orcas was very small.  Ruby had fallen asleep on my shoulder at this stage and we took both kids up to bed and Peter stayed to watch them.  I went back downstairs and had a great time.  Linda and Matthew left at 11:30pm after we had little party pies for supper.  Very hard to come by and you could see who the aussies were as we grabbed them quickly.

All over the day was great with the weather being really nice and warm and a lovely setting.  I guess now you want to see some photos.  Sorry i have been a little slack as we have been on the go every day and I am finding it hard to keep this up and make the time.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: