Trip Start Apr 12, 2011
86Trip End Apr 01, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Highlights (in no order as we couldn’t possibly decide)
- Glacier climbing to the top of Mount Villaricca
· Sunrise and trekking on Perito Moreno Glacier
· The buzz of Rio De Janeiro
· Bolivian salt flat tour
· Trekking the Inca Trail
· Beaches in Tayrona Colombia
· Trying out Mexcian food
· Yosemite National Park
· Abel Tasman trek, New Zealand
· Travelling along the Great Ocean Road
· Wine and walks in Waiheke Island
· Relaxing and hiking in Wanaka, New Zealand
· Cooking up a storm in Hoi An
· Exploring the countryside in Laos
· Getting up close to elephants in Thailand
Our favourite country award goes to:
Argentina – for amazing steak, wine and variety of scenery from mountains to desert to tango dancing in Buenos Aires. Plus a good set up for backpackers with friendly hostels and lots of people to meet.
Best hostels - New Zealand
Worst hostels – Australia
Things we won’t miss about travelling
· Packing, unpacking and carrying the backpacks
· The dirt and smells of the street
· Trying to work out where is best to leave your valuables – risk taking them with you or risk leaving them at the hostel
· Long, long, uncomfortable bus rides
· Haggling over prices – give me a fixed price any day!
Although these points already seem like minor issues to see what we’ve seen over the past 12 months!