Last day

Trip Start Mar 04, 2012
Trip End Mar 08, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
On the Bus
What I did
Khao Kheow Open Zoo Pattaya
Read my review - 3/5 stars
Pattaya floating market

Flag of Thailand  ,
Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On the last day of the trip, we woke up
early and vacated the Naval base. I waited a good half hour this day
to get into the VIP bathroom because the female teachers now knew
about my secret oasis. It was funny to observe, but two of the lady
teachers dressed the same every day, as two lovesick young people
might do. Our first visit was to a giant rocky mountain with a gold
Buddha image inlaid into the side of it. At this site were many
temples and one that housed bones of the Buddha. In this temple I
experienced an emptiness that became a catalyst for outward flowing
energy. I realized that any experience, good or bad, that I have, I
can give back to the universe that it came from. So feelings such as
loneliness are not personally just for me. I can share it with the
world. I also felt the strong belief that all I really need to do is
let the Buddha that I am, become more Buddha like every day.
After temple hopping and more eating,
we went to the Pattaya floating market where I ate grilled crocodile
and got a massage. I spent a good amount of time in a Ganesha shrine
and prayed for my obstacles to be educational and beneficial. We had
an hour visit at this famous place, and then boarded the bus that
would drive up the beach, with good views of all of the fat old
farang men wearing banana hammocks, walking hand in hand with their
grand daughter aged girlfriends. I was embarrassed to be the only
farang on this bus.

One last event to accomplish, the Kong
Kaew Zoo. All of the students and teachers rode on a propane powered
golf cart train to view the wildlife in this park. I got to grab a
rhino's horn and bond with this gentle giant. That was very cool. I
saw many other beasts in containment areas such as lions and tigers
and ostriches and giraffes. This zoo was supposed to be the highlight
of the trip, but for sure I think the beach beat it out by far.
With all of the itinerary fulfilled,
we began the long bus ride back to Nakae. We stopped at a pier to
eat, but we were late and just enjoyed a walk on the pier. Rather, we
dined in the food court of the Big C shopping center. It is kind of
like going to Italy for wine and drinking boxed Franzia.

The rest of the bus trip was a party
and the students seemed to know how to enjoy themselves. A lot of
them disappeared to the bottom compartment, and the boys and girls
were separated after midnight, to avoid any, well, you know. I talked
to the bus drivers a bit, about my fantasy of renting their bus for a
week with twenty friends and twenty friends for my friends. It cost
eighteen thousand baht a day for fuel and everything. It would be a
rocking bus party for sure. I also discovered that I and my bus
drivers have frequented the same evening venues. Guys will be guys.
The bus ride back was long and
freezing cold and mostly sleepless for me. I remember dreaming of
fighting an octopus, which sounds like fun. At a gas station pee
break, I stretched my legs and my swollen feet. When we pulled out of
the bus station, I realized that the head of the English department,
who was always sitting next to me, was not in his seat. I started to
hear the phone in his fanny pack ringing. I deduced that we must have
left him back at the gas station. He had lingered in the bathroom a
bit too long, but nothing that a U turn couldn't fix. 

Slideshow Report as Spam

My Review Of The Place I've Seen

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: