Aquatica Water Park

Trip Start Mar 23, 2010
Trip End Jun 04, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Florida
Monday, April 12, 2010

The alarm went off at 8.15am and we both went for breakfast. We had a piece of toast and then snook a muffin and danish back to the room for later. We still haven't got used to eating cakes for breakfast yet. I managed to speak to my dad on skype for a bit while Peter had a shower and then we went to get the I-ride to Aquatica.

Aquatica is a fairly new water park that is owned by seaworld.We got there just after opening times, got changed and put our things in a locker. It was empty when we arrived and so we managed to get on half of the rised before anyone. Most of the slides are for rubber rings, either single or double. We went on a few double ones at first which were awesome, they were in a dark tunnel and went really fast before plunging us into a tank of water.

One slide was a single rider slide with no rings, you went down on your back and towards the end the tube went clear and went underwater and you travelled through the dolphin tank. This was so cool, you got to see the dolphins under water right next to the slide, although it was very quick.

We spent ages in the lazy river just floating by the fish tanks and enjoying the sun before going around the river rapids. Next up was the tidal pool, which was quite good but I think we were slightly too old to appreciate it as much as the children. A few more goes on the water slides and we decided to get something to eat.

Lunch was beautiful, we shared a chicken and chips which was just like KFC chicken, and a salad with lettuce, egg, gorgonzola cheese, bacon, turkey and sweetcorn. It was so nice to finally eat something healthy. We went around the park to take some photos of the slides while we let our food settle and then went for some more goes on the slides and the lazy river. I took some photos of Peter on the lazy river before joining him.

Late afternoon and it started to go cooler so we had a shower and got changed then went to get the I-ride. On the way back the I-ride stopped outside seaworld. Peter and I exchanged glances and then ran off the bus. We spent the next 2 hours literally on Manta and Kraken. The queues were non-existant so we went on again and again. After I started to feel dizzy we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel.

We had some tea and Peter phoned his dad while I skyped my mum and dad and then we caught the I-ride to the north end of International Drive. We haven't been down this end before and we wanted o see what there was. On the way down we saw wet and wild, the other water park we are doing at some point this week, two small fairgrounds and a Titanic museum where you can go through replicas of the actual ship etc. The very last stop was a huge mall. We got off and had a look around. We didn't buy anything but we got some good ideas for presents.

It started to go dark, so around 8.30pm we caught the I-ride back up to our hotel to watch some TV and get our things ready for an early start tomorrow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


paul on

sounds another great day in such a fantastic place

enjoy universal today

Mum B on

Watching the video Ah thats exactly why I did all the barney stuff with Katie when we went!!
Yer Mad!!!
Love to you you both look well
Mum xxxxxx

fliker on

helpful advises above. I have noticed that many people are using twitter for marketing. I would love to try this too for my business. water park

dero on

what a great site

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: