La Paz...highest capital city in the WORLD!
Trip Start Nov 29, 2008
38Trip End May 08, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
We met up with the lovely Louisa (our friend who we met in Cuzco) and 2 friends, Jodi and Duncan, from St Andrews. We stayed in a great hostal which had a rooftop bar overlooking the city and we got a daily free beer (from their own microbrewery) and free pancake breakfasts every morning.
We really did not a lot from La Paz -.recovered from our recent hectic times and also the altitude sickness which we all got at various times whilst there. We enjoyed a few nice dinners out, especially as Bolivia is the cheapest country we've been to and walked round the markets in the city. We also went to the Coca Museum which was really interesting, particularly since we all rely on Coca Tea to stay well at altitude.
General observations about Bolivia...
1. It's most similar to Ecuador out of all the countries we've visited, as it is still quite developing.
2. It's very very cheap, possibly even cheaper than Ecuador.
3. The people weren't as friendly as any other country or as forthcoming.
4. It has the world's highest everything.
5. You spend most of your time there trying to breathe! Stairs are bad.