Trip Start Dec 02, 2007
Trip End Dec 09, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Ontario,
Monday, December 10, 2007

Yesterday was a LONG day.  I woke up pretty early, after only
about 4 hours of sleep.  I got dressed, had breakfast, and went to
the airport.  I got there, and there was a huge  line outside
the terminal.  It turned out to be security check #1.  I
waited in the line for about an hour, then finally got through.
(Although I almost panicked when I realized that everyone else had
boarding passes - I actually still don't know where they got them....)
Then it was into line #2.  That one was about a hour and a half
long, but I only waited 45 minutes before I moved to the front. 
Of course, being white, no one said anything to me - yet another
example of the class system at work in Kenya.  Then it was into
security line #3 and the line for customs, which I also jumped, just
joined the line in the middle like it was nothing.  (I'm not
normally a line jumper, but it was crazy!) It turned out that their
computer system had broken down.  Then it was off to the gate -
the gate which never did say what city we were going to, and even after
passing through security check #4 (at the gate), I wasn't entirely sure
that I was on the right flight.  When they announced that the
flight was, in fact, headed for Amsterdam, I was pretty relieved. 
We ended up leaving two hours late - during which time I sat in the
plane.  It was pretty brutal.

The flight was okay, but I was next to another child - at least it
wasn't an asshole.  Then it was a bit of a mad dash through the
terminal in Amsterdam to security check #5 at the gate, and onto the
flight to Toronto.  Of course, my baggage didn't make it - what
else could I expect! It took me fifteen minutes to calm down when I got
on the plane and to NOT freak out at the staff about my bag.  I
decided it wasn't a big deal, and had a couple of beer to celebrate the
not big deal that it was.  In-flight entertainment and food was
excellent, again.  TV shows (I'm now hooked on heroes!) and lots
of curry kept me happy.  Ross was waiting for me at the airport
(what a darling!) and we managed to get home around 12:15 - pretty good

Today, I still don't have my luggage - sure hope it arrives soon. :)
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: