Heading North

Trip Start Jun 01, 2010
Trip End Mar 11, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another day of air travel. Wake up, go downstairs for the breakfasts feast. And a feast it is, the buffet at the Lebua serves just about anything you would like for breakfast. Up to the room again, freshen up, pack suitcase, hop in cab, AirAsia to CMX, and there we are, in Chiang Mai, the old capital of Thailand.

From the air you see the jungle and the mountains flatten out to the valley that houses this historical city. As the airport is small, we were out in a jiffy. We had just a thirty minute delay, which I consider good. At the airport there was already someone waiting for us, as agreed upon, we were courteously greeted and a driver showed up to bring us to our hotel.

After careful research we booked the Oriental Siam resort. A small resort hotel, located a bit out of the center of Chiang Mai, but with raving reviews. And so far it is great. When we arrived at the resort the owner, Pongsri, and her husband, Peter, awaited us and welcomed us as welcoming visitors to their home. After showing us the beautiful grounds we arrived at our gorgeous lana style villa. The complex is small and counts about five smaller houses and one big tree bedroom mansion nicely landscaped around a pond. We booked a Jasmine style villa with a honeymoon package, after all we are still on our honeymoon.

The villa was a free standing house, a hallway leading to the dressing room, passing the private patio and garden. The dressing room was connected to a spacious bathroom with full bath and large shower space. Everything was made of beautiful wood and the attention to details was meticulous. It is difficult to capture the resort in words, but we attached many photos of the grounds and villa to give you an idea. Pongrsi had arranged for us to have a dinner at the river side restaurant conveniently called 'Riverside' to avoid confusion. But before the driver took us there we were handed a cell phone. This phone would allow us to call her, the driver or other people in case we needed transportation or other assistance.

It took us about 10 minutes to reach the lively riverside of the town. At the restaurant we waited for a bit at the bar. It was nice to see that the place was not only filled with tourists. There where many Thai people as well, celebrating the things of life. After about two glasses of wine there was a table ready for us on the balcony. We had a great meal with a view of the river and a very lively surroundings. After dinner the driver picked us up and brought us safely back to the resort.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: