Trip Start Jun 01, 2010
Trip End Mar 11, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Monday, June 14, 2010

Who would figure that Victoria Harbor is on Vancouver Island, and not in Vancouver, which is not the island. Well we figured this out at 01:00AM, 11 Hours before our flight from Victoria Harbor to Seattle. So we googled around and found that the cheapest way to get to Victoria is a 4 hour trip by bus, ferry and bus. So here I am on the ferry to Victoria whilst writing this. We woke up at 04:45 (after a good 2 hours of sleep) to take a taxi to the bus station. From there we took a coach bus to the ferry terminal, 50 minutes out of Vancouver downtown. The ferry ride takes around 1,5 hours and from there we have another coach ride to get us to Victoria to board our sea plane. Quite a little adventure. I just learned that Holland beat Denmark with 2-0, yeah.. good start for the Dutchies, hope they keep it up.

In Victoria we walked around for 2 hours as we were a bit early for our flight. The town is really small and quiet. We took a few photos and sat on a bench having a bubble milk tea. I bought some chocolate from Rogers chocolate (had been in Victoria for more than 100 years) and then it was time for our flight to Seattle. We loaded the luggage on board of the piston beaver and I was seated in the co-pilot seat. It was a short and smooth ride to Seattle not climbing any higher than 1500 feet. We had marvelous views as the skies which was clear and sunny.

Once landed in Seattle we took a taxi ride to our Hotel for the night, the Silver Cloud Hotel Stadium. The hotel is a bit out of the main city (next to the stadiums) but they have a complementary shuttle service to the downtown area. The hotel is clean and comfortable apart from the humming noise of the central AC. They had a room with water view for us on the 7th floor, but between us and the 'water' there is a highway, a railway and a container terminal. It does not really matter as we won't stare out of the window all day. We stowed our luggage in the room, and took the shuttle to the Pine Street Market. We browsed the market and had some nice shrimps and Italian fish stew. We bought some dried apples and breakfast for the next day (BBQ pork buns). Late in the afternoon we headed back to the hotel for a little nap as we have been on our feet since 04:30 in the morning having only slept 2 hours. We woke up late in the evening, and ordered some room service which was excellent. Tomorrow we'll explore Seattle some more.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: