Cow skin

Trip Start Jul 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Benin  ,
Saturday, September 10, 2005

Last night, I got an eyelash in my eye. I rubbed it (bad idea, I know) to get it out. It never came out, so I went to bed thinking it will be better in the morning. Nope, it still hurt really bad...for most of the day today it hurt. It's still sore tonight (as I'm writing this), but I think it's healing. It's not as sore as it was.

This morning, we met at a cyber in town (Azove actually has 3 cybers), and taught students how to use a computer. These students had never used a computer before. I really enjoyed it, but it made me realize how difficult teaching is...especially when my eye is watering and I can't keep it open too long.

We had another Cooking Class after we were done teaching computers to students. It wasn't at my house this time. It was at the building where we have our normal class sessions. I spent most of the prep time sitting at a table with my eyes closed trying to heal whatever it was that was wrong with it.

We made yam pilé with a peanut sauce and beef...YUM. Yam pilé is much like mashed potatoes. It's hard to make though. First, you boil this large root, about the size of 8 medium sized potatoes. Next, you put the pieces into this bowl thing and add a little bit of water. Then you take this large stick and you pound the pieces until they turn into a mush...I have a picture of me making this, maybe someday you can see it.

Along with the yam pilé, we made American style food: lasagna and garlic bread. I didn't really care too much for the lasagna personally.

5pm I returned home, tried to nap, visited with family a little, ate dinner, and then Ryan and Diana called me! During the phone call, the neighbor Stagiaire came over to walk with me to the "roof-top" bar. I had a curfew of 11pm now, instead of midnight; apparently the PC had a meeting with parents and decided everyone has been out too

After I got home, I sat down to watch tv with Maman and Vince. Shortly after, the power went out. I got out my flashlight, and Maman went to bed. Vince and I went outside to talk with Tante and the cook.

Tante was in the process of pealing the skin of a cow...GROSS. They were having guests tomorrow for lunch. The skin was going to be the so-called meat for the dinner. EEEWWW.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: