Last 2 days in Nepal, til next time
Trip Start Sep 13, 2009
31Trip End Oct 14, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
The Park Village Resort, Budhanilkantha, South Kathmandu
What I did
Vegged out, explored a bit
11.45. My pack and the new suitcase are downstairs, the bill is paid - ah, here's Brendo. Azwil has just walked in so now they're setting up their last game of chess. Azwil knits while he plays but at present can't find his needles. Soon we'll be off to the Resort, where we'll laze by the pool all afternoon, alternating frollicking with reading. The frollicking will involve minor exertion only.
We spent an hour and a half this morning having a wander and a sit around in the Square; got a bit cranky once with a guy who walked up and decided that he'd be our guide (I'd made the mistake of getting out a map to check out temple names)
What I've seen on people's backs:
Cages of chickens
3 large backpacks - easily 40kg or more
Tins of food
An old lady
Tuesday 13/10/09, Park Village Resort.
This place is gorgeous! When we got here yesterday we sadly said goodbye to Dipak and wished he and his young wife (she runs a shop) and family well, then dumped our packs in the room - TV, wooden furniture, tiled bathroom - and went straight to the pool then lay in the sun reading and sipping a Long Island Iced Tea - mmmmmmmm - and a coke
Several more Iced Teas ensued, dinner, then we hopped into our beds and watched Pursuit of Happyness followed by South Park.
This morning I got up just after 7 and went for a walk. The grounds here are beautiful with many different trees, shrubs and birds. Places to practice yoga, pray - both Buddhist and Hindu - and meditate. Horses, all bar one unfortunately not all that well cared for - well, by my standards, anyway. Thin, feet fairly unkept and one had saddle-sores. We had a buffet brekky with alot of men staying at the resort for a conference; fruit, muesli and curd, croissants, chicken sausages and boiled eggs; lots of tea. Now we are laughing our heads off watching Everybody Loves Raymond, which followed Friends. I'm glad we did this, it won't be so hard to get back into the swing of Western life....maybe....
1.45pm - our plane is meant to take off at 1.50 and we are still waiting to board. Ah well, less time to wait in Bangkok. Very thirsty though, we've abandoned our water bottles. WE'RE GOING HOME!!!
We are going to produce a Reality TV show called Really Bored In Transit. Losers don't get voted off, they have to stay.
We've walked down to our gate and a guy we met in the waiting room at Kathmandu is here. His name is Pavin and he's been back in Nepal for his dads' funeral. he is taking his mum back to Australia to stay with he, his wife and his 3 month old son for 6 months.
More Things I Forgot To Write About:
- that in trying to call Monumental Paradise in Kathmandu from our hotel in Pokhara, I called a female Nepali Minister. The guys at the desk at the Mandala laughed for 10 minutes; I did not live it down.
- Heinz constantly strengthening a point by swearing and sounding like Arnold Schwarzenegger....fook-in HELLLLLLLL!
- Brenden laughing hysterically after reading the sign on Thorung La - it says "See you again" - he reckons NEVER.
- getting a large sore on my back from a bit of my pack sticking out. Brenden put a sanitary pad on it, but it fell off. I treated it with John's Sea Minerals, and eventually figured out how to poke the offending bit of pack back into place.
- the funniest of all; Brenden; a well-mannered, humorous and polite youngster, getting sick of being accosted on Freak Street to buy pot and shouting at the guy "FUCK OFF I'm only 14!!!!
Wed 14/10/09 - 45 minutes to go!! I'm so excited! I love my wide brown land.....got quite a bit of sleep - B got none.
Chess: B - 17 J - O Backgammon: B - 2 J - 11
B - 0 Sylvia-1
B - 1 Ziv - 3 & a draw
B - 0 Shakov - 2
B - 1 Heinz - 0
B - 0 Azwil - 2 Hang The Butcher: Too bizarre to score
Post your own travel photos for friends and family More Pictures & Videos
My Review Of The Place I Stayed