Yibbidee Yibbida That's all folks

Trip Start Feb 12, 2011
Trip End Mar 09, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
In the air

Flag of United States  , Louisiana
Monday, March 7, 2011

Viv was sick this morning and woke up for long enough to ask me for some Nurofen, muttering....."car.......can't...........get" before disappearing under the doonah again.

My last meal in the Magazine Grill was a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuit and coffee.
A biscuit here is not a crisp baked good to be dunked in one's coffee, it's a soft, delicious scone-like creation.
Louise offered to post the arrow I'd bought for Greg in New Mexico; it didn't fit in a bag and I didn't have time to go to the Post Office. I went out to find cigars for the folks back home, and Amber booked a cab to the airport for me on my way out. Oh, I did find the internet cafe she'd directed me to but it was, like all the others, WiFi only.

On my cigar mission I got a little sidetracked by an interesting-looking street I hadn't been down yet and found a beautiful old church. By the time I got back it was 11.30 and I had 15 minutes to shove anything not packed into something before the shuttle arrived. Louise had been taken to hospital after having a dizzy spell, no doubt related to the fall she'd had, so I couldn't say adieu.

It was weird saying goodbye to Viv; my trip was ending and she was not even half way through.
Who would yell at her? Give directions? Control her chocolate addiction?

On the small jet to O'Hare I sat next to a very personable 11 year old taking his first flight with his family, to Colorado to see the snow. He was really nervous and excited and a great conversationalist; he kept swallowing and rubbing his palms down his jeans. It was fun to explain what take-off is like, then share with him the slow taxiing, the pick up of speed and ultimate lift off the ground. He talked a bit about Katrina and what he remembered - like all Americans he was immediately concerned when he learned I am an Australian and asked if I had been affected by the floods.

Dis boarding in Chicago I stepped passed a gap between the plane and the Gate passage and felt a blast of freezing wind - it was 31 F!! 

I bought what I suspected would be my last non-fat iced latte with sugar-free vanilla and waited for my delayed flight to LAX.....our advice was if you're travelling on to Sydney RUN to Gate 77 as soon as you land!

The flight was uneventful; luckily my travelling companion was a lovely guy from Sydney and the seat between us was empty.

I ticked everything on the declaration so got through customs fairly quickly. Through the big silver doors to my Lovely Waiting Mummy! I Love being away, and I really love coming Home.

Oh, and by the way - no sons, or even fathers, were hurt in the making of this trip. Or even laid a hand upon, actually.

                                                    - Finis -     
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


ma on

so you are home, and nothing about your lovely mummy picking you up from the airport!!

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: