San Diego

Trip Start Mar 27, 2006
Trip End Jul 23, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Saturday, June 24, 2006

San Diego is a really nice city-a lot less scummy than LA that's for sure! We spent the first day at the zoo. It took us ages to get there because for some reason we decided it would be fun to walk the 5000 miles to get there! We must have walked about the same distance round it too. The zoo is really good, even for zoo haters such as myself-the highlight was definitely the Galapogas Tortoises, they're very cute and very massive! That night we decided that being sober minors was getting old so we headed to Tijuana, Mexico for 4 hours of drunken debauchery. Border control is a little loose-you literally just walk across it, they don't even check your passport when you go into Mexico, although obviously they're a little stricter when you're going back in America! They refused to give me a stamp in my passport though which I was very upset about! It's amazing how different Tijuana is from San Diego-they're only metres apart but you can even smell the difference as soon as you step over the border. There are a lot of "Drug Discount" stores selling pharmacy drugs you can only get on prescription in the US at much lower prices! We went to a couple of bars ( I was a very hungry girl and decided to have 3 items off the menu and was mocked for the rest of the trip for my greesy behaviour!). We were enticed into the second one by being told there were 50 people in there-there were 5. We did get free tequila though. Yeeah!
Our hostel in San Diego was pretty good, except for the 70 foot high beds-one of the lad in Jim's room fell off, I'm surprised he lived to tell the tale! We got free pancakes in the morning- I got a bit carried away one day making shapes out of the batter and managed to set fire to my oven glove. Oops. Our last day there we went to see my dolphins at Sea World and the cheesiest killer whale show I've ever seen (and I've seen a few!) Lucy's unle Clive and his bizarrely (if that's even a word!?) named sons Mitchell and Clifford picked us up in the afternoon and took us on a motorboat tour of the harbour which was pretty fast and furious, especially when sat at the front of the boat-I actually thought my spine had snapped at one point. Clive mistakenly took our screams of pain as cries of joy and went even faster! Afterwards we staggered back to Clive's and met his wife June for a BBQ and some illegal beers-we were living on the wild side!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: