Trip Start May 23, 2007
Trip End Aug 02, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Switzerland  ,
Monday, June 25, 2007

All day Tuesday we traveled to Geneva with a lunch break at some mountains. They were pretty gorgeous. A bunch of us took the gondola up to the stops. It was a lot of fun. Amanda and I went up to Murren and had a little run in with the brits but alls well that ends well. (just don't touch the flowers!) When we got to Geneva we found ourselves in a dorm for a local university. In that dorm are hundreds of random people and three sets of doors that you need keys to. Now this wouldn't have been a big deal but unfortunately we found that having only one key for two roommates was difficult. After dinner and some bonding in ry, kellen, and stuckeys room us girls (me, sarah, and jess) went out with kellen to see what we could find. Fortunately we ran into neil and his friend Chris who is staying in Geneva. Chris took us to St. Peters Cathedral before hitting some hot spots and then going down to the water front. It was a lot of fun. When I got back unfortunately I was locked out though. After trying to find a way into my hall I ended up banging on the door and being greeted by speedo man. That was exciting. But I finally got in and had a good night sleep. The next morning we had to get up early to go to VeVe to see the Olympic Museum and visit Nestle' headquarters. The museum was a lot of fun because we could sit and watch Olympic highlights and we got to watch the opening day in Sydney with 3d glasses on. (great picsJ) We then had a quick lunch on our own before heading to nestle'. Nestle' was my favorite corporate visit by far. Not only did we talk to a PR guy about Nestle' but then we had a whole second presentation on brands and packaging. Now that's a good time! That night we had our first meeting for our bible study group and then Matt and I worked on devotions for the next day. I wanted to get to bed early that night but I think we ended up going to bed around 1. The next day Matt and I gave devotions, after being pulled over and searched by the French police, and then had another hour or so until we got to Charmonix in France. There we had tickets to go up on the second tallest mountain in Europe Mt. Blanc. It was crazy. Being scared of heights was not a good thing for the cable cars. About half way up the first leg I grabbed Kellen and buried my head in his shoulder. Then we got there and I found out we still had a one more cable car to go. It was ridiculous. I felt so retarded as I took deep breaths and closed my eyes while gripping people in fear. The top was amazing but also freezing. We went and got pics from all the different lookouts and then headed back down for lunch. Most people stayed up there for a while but we decided we were done. For lunch I had an American burger which I thought would be a cheeseburger but it was actually a burger on a panini bun with cheese ham tomato lettuce horse raddish and fries on it. It was crazy. I definitely couldn't finish it and I don't think it would be a success in the US but it was ok. After the bus ride back we all went out in a big group (15ish) and got kabobs for dinner before walking around the historic district of downtown. It was beautiful. We ran into some Americans from Alabama on our walk and listening to their accents I felt more out of the US than I had before. Its like they speak a different language. The next day we hit the road for Koblenz.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: