Trip Start May 23, 2007
Trip End Aug 02, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Switzerland  ,
Saturday, June 23, 2007

Innsbruck was a beautiful place. Coming in from Austria to Switzerland the alps didn't change that much but what did change was the amount of lakes. Switzerland was full of lakes. Around every turn was a new lake surrounded by a town of some kind. It was gorgeous. In Innsbruck our hotel was sitting directly across from the lake and was about a 45 minute walk into down town. The walk was lined with parks and museums along the lake and then you reached downtown that was a smorgasbord of watch and swiss army knife shops mixed with beautiful architecture all facing the lake. The first night we decided to walk into town and see what we could find. We actually spent quite a bit of time just walking around and seeing what was available. We went to the famous walking bridge and then got ice cream (gelato for me) for the way back. It was nice but by the time we got back to the hotel I was exhausted. We went to bed fairly early that night (like 12) and didn't have to be down for church until 9. It was amazing. Possibly the most sleep I've gotten on the trip. Church was interesting the next morning. We went to an international church and although it was fairly long (nothing could be longer than Russia though) we all really enjoyed it. They had two Americans who spoke that day so we got some familiar accents. After church we basically had free time. We all ate lunch downtown at different stops and then headed back to the hotel. I wanted to go paragliding with people but unfortunately it was all booked up. We ended up laying out by the lake until that night and then going and getting kabobs (we've been hooked since germany) before walking around the city again. We called it a somewhat early night and come back to the hotel to get my laptop to watch a movie by the lake. Unfortunately it started raining almost right away so we headed in to finish it inside. Instead Neil came and got us and we snuck out on the roof and threw rocks at IBIers windows. It was so fun. The next day we had a visit to  Credit Suisse. It was interesting. After that we had a free evening that we spent around the hotel and downtown. The really sad part is that right now I have no idea what I did for a day or two since right now everything is running together. I do know that I had a horrible kabob it had horseradish and Tabasco on it. Not my idea of a good time. After walking around one last time we all went back to the hotel to pack and get ready to leave the next morning.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: