Salt Lake City

Trip Start Jan 06, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Utah
Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday, July 5- Goodbye Jenny and Bryant's vacation

We got up early this morning to pack up the RV and head to Salt Lake City, so Bryant and I could fly home. It was much harder fitting everything into our small suitcases on the way back- especially with our new souvenirs.  Cowboy boots take up a lot of space!  Jared drove us south through the rest of Wyoming and into Utah, which was a nearly five hour drive.  We saw lots of prong horns near the road, but most exciting of all was the MOOSE sighting!  I saw it in a river near the road and screamed "MOOSE!  MOOSE!"  Jared turned around and pulled over so we could get a closer look and pictures.  It was a female, so there were no antlers, but we were still excited to finally see one up close.  Once we got to Park City, Jared and Jen checked into a sweet RV resort.  We kept moving towards Salt Lake City though and had a huge meal at the Blue Plate Diner, which Bryant saw on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on the Food Network and really wanted to try out.  Jen and Bryant had delicious milkshakes and we all loved the onion rings.  Bryant had a massive burrito, Jen had a tomato and mozzarella sandwich, and Jared and I both went for the Reuben.  And, Jared and I got ice cream for dessert, of course.  Everything was delicious, but we decided that there are Philly diners that are better.  We decided to check out the Mormon Tabernacle downtown before heading to the airport.  It turns out that the Church of Latter Day Saints has a huge compound, and you can tour most of it, except the temple.  The Tabernacle was kind of cool, but smaller than it looks on TV at Christmas.  There were gorgeous gardens and fountains surrounding all of the buildings too.  After a while, we got a little uncomfortable being fenced into the compound and made our way back to the RV.  Jen and Jared kindly dropped us at the airport, and we headed to Phoenix to catch a connection to Philadelphia.  Unfortunately,  we couldn’t land because of dust storms, so we went to Vegas first (no, we didn’t get to get off the plane and play roulette- darn!).  We finally landed in Phoenix, but we had missed our connection and got stuck overnight.  It took until the evening of July 6th to make it all the way home, but we can’t complain.  We had the best vacation ever, and we’re so grateful that Jared and Jen allowed us to tag along with them! 

Guest blogging has been a real pleasure.  They’ll have to fill you in from here…

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: