Spokane, WA

Trip Start Jan 06, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Washington
Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday, June 23rd

We decided to head in to Spokane today to check out the city. Our friend Kim suggested that we ride the gondola over the Spokane Falls, which is located on the Riverfront. We picked the bus up right across the street from our campground.  It took a little bit longer than usual because there was an accident on the highway so we were in a bit of traffic. After we got past that it was smooth sailing in to the city. We got off the bus a couple of blocks from the Riverfront Park. We decided to head right over there to walk around for a little bit.

Apparently the Spokane Hoopfest is going on this weekend. It is the biggest 3-on-3 street basketball tournament on the planet (so says their website). The actual tournament doesn't start until Saturday, but they were setting up vendors and stuff in the park for it today.  It also looks like some of the finals games are played on a court set up in the park. I think they shut down the streets surrounding the park and play all weekend long. I don't think we will be able to head down and check out some games before picking up Jenny and Bryant on Saturday, but it would be cool to see.

The park seemed pretty cool without all the basketball stuff going on too. They have an entire area with rides for kids. A really pretty river running through the middle of it and a huge Radio Flyer wagon in the middle of the park. We had seen the wagon in our Roadside America book. We definitely thought it would have been bigger than it was and we didn't know that it was a slide. We didn't get up on it since it was covered with kids.

We headed over to do the gondola ride, which was ok. It moved pretty slow so we were up there for a while. We got some good pictures of the river. When we finished up our ride we headed over to the mall to walk around some and then outside of the mall to walk around some of the blocks. We decided to get some food and headed to Sushi Maru.  It was a really cool sushi place that had a track running through out the restaurant and you could just grab off the track what you wanted to eat. We ordered some fresh rolls from the server too, but it was cool to just be able to grab whatever. And it was priced really reasonable too.  We had a nice little late lunch.

After lunch we headed to the bus stop to catch the bus back to the RV. I got a headache on the bus so when we got home I took a little nap and Jared started doing some cleaning. After I got up I helped Jared out and we knocked some more stuff off of our list. We have a lot left to do tomorrow though. Jared made a huge to do list.

Dinner is cooking now and then we are going to relax the rest of the night.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: