Walt Disney World

Trip Start Jan 06, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Flag of United States  , Florida
Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday, March 15th

Today we headed out of our KOA campground nice and early to try to check in at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground early. We really weren't supposed to be able to check in until sometime after 1pm, but we wanted to try to go to one of the parks today after checking in. We got there around 10:30am and they didn't have any sites clean and ready to go yet. I gave them my cell phone number so that they would text me when the site was ready and we went to wait in a lot they had. We were contemplating heading to the park and then coming back to set up our site and then heading back to the park, but we figured it wasn't going to take to long to get our site since checkout time was 11am. Since we had Nash with us we figured it would be best to wait instead of having to run the generator while we were gone for air conditioning.

We got the text message at 11:45am telling us which site was ours. We headed right over, set up camp and headed out for Hollywood Studios (the former MGM Studios).  In the Fort Wilderness campground they have buses that just do a loop of the campground and take you to the bus depot to catch the other Disney buses for the specific parks. After waiting for the bus in the campground and then the bus to take us to Fort Wilderness we ended up at Hollywood Studios around 1pm. The only fast pass we could get for the day was for the Tower of Terror. This was Jared's first time on the ride and he loved it. We ended up going on it twice. Of course Jared loved the Indiana Jones show as always. We almost thought that Jared was going to get picked as an extra but it was the guy in the orange shirt next to me not the guy with the orange sunglasses. HAHA We ended up not being able to go on the Rock n' Roller Coaster and the new Toy Story Mania ride. These both had two hour waits most of the day and were all out of fast passes by the time we had gotten to the park. So that kind of stunk that we were so delayed getting there, but we enjoyed everything else out in the park.

Wednesday, March 16th

Today we picked to go to Epcot. Epcot closed the earliest out of all the parks at 9pm so we decided to book the Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner/show for 9:30pm. Since we missed some rides yesterday we got to Epcot right when the park opened and had a plan for our fast passes. The new ride at Epcot is Soarin' which we actually rode in Disneyland, CA. It was a mad dash to get to it for fast passes and we were able to get ours. We then headed out from there and did the Test Track ride and Mission Space before heading back for Soarin'.  Jared was pretty excited that Captain EO 3D (it is with Michael Jackson in it and is totally 80s) was playing and he was shocked that I had never seen it. We checked it out online and apparently Jared was at Disney right after it opened up in the early to mid 80s and the show was taken out in the early 90s. So every time that I was at Disney it was never playing and was actually showing the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D show. We ended up being able to do pretty much all of the rides in Epcot before heading over to check out the countries.

We decided that since beer and wine was included in our dinner show we would start drinking in Epcot. So we started our drinking day right and we got some margaritas. We had some more beers in other countries and basically just walked through all the countries checking them out. By the time we were done the countries we were pretty tired so we figured we would head home to let Nash our for a while and relax before our show at 9:30pm.

The Hoop Dee Doo Revue was a really good time. The dinner was all you could eat and there was tons of food and the show was really fun. There was tons of singing and jokes throughout the night. The members of the show come down and interact with the crowd throughout the entire show and it was definitely a good time.

Thursday, March 17th

Today the Magic Kingdom was open early at 8am and late until 1am. So we decided to get up nice and early to be there on time for the 8am opening (that way we could get our fast passes) and then head back in the afternoon for a nap and dinner at home, then back to the park for the night time parades/fireworks. We had a great day of fast passes today. My ticket stopped working in the fast pass machines so we would have to get a worker to shoot me out one at every spot. When they shoot you out one it makes your time that you can get another fast pass be immediately instead of having to wait until later. I was able at some places to get two fast pass tickets so we were both able to go get fast passes for something else immediately. So that worked out well and we didn't have tons of long lines all day.

One of the new shows that we really enjoyed was in Tomorrowland, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. It was an interactive show with the characters from Monsters, Inc. up on the screen basically doing a comedy show. They must of had people that were able to do the voices in the background some watching the audience over cameras or something.  They were making fun of people in the audience and would have a conversation with some of them. It was a really great show. When we walked in the immediately put Jared and I on screen to have a dance. I forget exactly what they called Jared but they were making fun of how hairy he was. It was great.

We were able to do most of the rides before we went home for our nap and dinner. We had a fantastic 3 hour nap and then cooked up some cheese steaks and french fries for dinner. When we got back to the park we went right on Splash Mountain, we had fast passed it before we left so that when we got back after dinner we could go right on it. Then after riding that we headed over to Big Thunder Mountain to fast pass it for after the parades later. Again my ticket was not working, but there wasn't anyone working the machines.  So I headed over to the guy working the entrance for the fast pass people coming back and he handed me two tickets. We could get right on the ride then instead of waiting until after the parades. When we came out of Big Thunder Mountain the first parade had started and we caught the end of it while waiting to cross the street for the Country Bear Jamboree show. Once the parade was over we headed in for the show and then caught the fireworks after the show. As soon as the fireworks were over we headed for the Haunted Mansion since it was only a 10 minute wait. We then headed over to get a good spot for the parade right in front of the castle. We got excellent seats and then about 3 floats in we realized that we had caught way more of the parade then we thought earlier. So we didn't watch the rest of it again, we instead headed to the shops to try to find a Donald Duck hat for Jared.

We unfortunately were not able to find a Donald Duck hat for Jared the entire time that we were there. Jared is very upset. I told him to write a strongly worded letter to Disney. I don't think he is going to do it though. We did find the hat I wanted which was the Happy St. Patrick's Day Mouse Ears. Everywhere I went in them I was asked by so many people where I got them from. They were scarce, but I am so excited I got it.

Friday, March 18th

Today was our last day in the Fort Wilderness campground. We had to check out by 11am, so we slept in and then packed up and headed out. We had a great time in Disney, but were go go going all week so it was really nice to sleep in today.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Liz on

Sounds like you had a great time in Disney.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: