Trip Start Jan 06, 2007
Trip End Mar 03, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of New Zealand  ,
Monday, January 15, 2007

Reached 1000km on this trip which we celebrated with a weird kind of rain dance around the mighty Mitsubishi before grabbing a feed at a service station including a lush milkshake. Kiwi milkshakes are the bomb!

We were chilling out on the water front, when a guy started to set up a show. You've all seen them a million times before but this guy was very low key but very funny. He managed to win as around and along with a couple of other people and before long he had a massive crowd following his act. He was quite possible one of the wittiest characters I have seen, a black American who looked armish. I wont go into the details of the show but 1 1/2 hours later he finished to huge applauds and seemed to be raking in the cash. It was an awesome end to the evening. Later
that night we debated weather to go out on the town tonight and to all our surprise we managed to pass up the opportunity , a rare thing.

Next day was spent chillin out and getting afew of the boring things done a.k.a washing, haircut, car registration and food shopping in the morning. Later in the afternoon we went for a stroll around the point and amongst the gardens. We managed to sneak in a quick pint before geeting some food for a picnic up at the campground and then just chilled out untill the sun went down.

I got up the next day and went straight down to book my bungy jump. I decided to go large and go for the Nevis jump, currently the largest in the southern hemisphere. The drive into the actual site was pretty nuts and I could tell this thing was gonna be huge. As we pulled in they told me I was going first, bugger! I was feeling fine upuntil this point, but took it all in my stride. We were harnessed up and four of us set off on the cable car out to the jump site strung between two hills. It all went pretty quick from then on in, I was walked out to a chair near the edge an attached to the bungy and told to smile for the camera before being led out to the platform, shuffling my shackled feet to wards the edge all in tune to the pumping hard rock. I had a good look around with the relisation now sitting in my stomach and looked down, It was a bloody long way down to the Nevis river. Adrenalin overcame me and then they started the 3,2,1 countdown and I had to jump to set a good example. I just dived off on the countdown and the rush for the first part of free fall was amazing, not even gonna bother trying to explain. After the initial shock a quite calm came over me for rest of my free fall, just enjoying it before the bungy took the slack, gave me a slight whip and then sent when hurting back up. A couple more bounces and I had to pull the strap on my foot that releases the bungy and turns you into a vertical position where I was then whinced back up to the gondala. A brazilian shook my hand and asked how it was. Insane was the reply with a huge grin on my face.

later that arvo we spent the day chillin around queenstown and all ready to move on to Wanaka the next day. Needless to say we werent going to pass up the chance to get out on the town in one of the hottest night life towns in NZ. We ended up havng a few bottles of wine at the campsite and having an argument with a stroppy german camper at 10pm before going out for bloody good session on the d-floor before heading back to crash.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: