Gettin outta Bali!

Trip Start Nov 20, 2010
Trip End Dec 01, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Western Australia,
Saturday, February 12, 2011

So on the 9th they let me (Jackie) out of the hospital because my red blood count was back up to normal. My blood pressure was still a bit low but the doctors weren't too worried I guess that it would stabilize within time as well, that it was just part of recovering from Dengue fever and I would have to rest in the hotel and not push it.
So, I spent the 10th and 11th in the hotel bed only venturing out once for lunch (where I ended up just sitting there dizzy and wanting to get back into bed).
We were fed up with just laying in hotel rooms though and booked a flight to Perth for the 12th where our friend Mary Ann's cousin was going to pick us up from the airport!
After two days of pretty much laying in bed and waiting for the days to pass (there wasn't even english tv to watch so I tried to sleep as much as possible) we were extremely excited to be moving on to a new leg of our trip.
I felt stupid walking down the streets with only our tiny day pack beside James with both our big packs strapped to him when we went to get a cab to the airport. As we walked by some girls I'm pretty sure pointed at us and were laughing at me but they spoke in another language.
I did remarkably well though that day getting to the airport and waiting in the very uncomfortable sitting area for the plane. Luckily though we asked to get put in the back of the plane and it wasn't full so we each got three seats to ourselves and I was able to lie down during the flight.
When we landed Francis (Mary Ann's cousin) was outside waiting for us and it was such a treat and so appreciated to be picked up and not have to worry about where we were going.
That afternoon I had a nap (to re-energize) and then they took us to the park near their house where we fed the ducks and watched their little girl run around and then play on the slide and park afterward (and of course James joined in on the slide and park fun).
For supper we were treated to bbq'd steak and James got to enjoy a few home made beer with Francis (he was in his glory).
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: