Things We're Learning Along the Way
Trip Start Nov 29, 2010
2Trip End Dec 01, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- You are almost certain to lose money crossing a border with Thailand
- Always have toilet paper with you
- Don't antagonize scavenger monkeys that surround you looking for food; especially not the larger male of the pack
- We are very good at getting lost
- Asian people really love their car horns
- We are not big fans of Indian food...especially when it shows up with dried anchovies on top!
- Beef really is better in Alberta
- Listen when people tell you to wear lots of mosquito spray!
- There are traffic circles at almost every corner in Australia
- Southern Australia is covered with wineries!...too bad we don't really like wine
- People don't have basements on this side of the world! (Even Australia and New Zealand, which we found odd since it gets so hot and basements keep cool)
- There really are THAT many people in Hong Kong; the foot traffic is more congested than vehicle traffic
- There is very little english in mainland China
- Small children wear assless pants in China
- When a chinese person asks you for a picture they don't want you to TAKE the picture they want you to BE IN the picture....and that this happens a LOT in China
- There is a major deficiency of grass in Asia...and it makes us miss our big yards back home
- Real Chinese food is actually very bland
- England, Scotland, and Ireland weather really is crap
- There are way too many people in this world that call very large hills mountains...they need to go see some REAL mountains!
- Yup, the Irish really love their pubs; there were at least four even in every small town and all right across the street from eachother
- Not seeing familiar faces for an extended period of time and not having a home for so long is HARD
- We don't have real cheese in Canada, it's actually all plastic...come to europe for real cheese.
- We're getting to learn to like wine
- Beer and Sprite is very tasty