Trip Start Apr 23, 2007
17Trip End May 17, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
we sat in this little bar/restaurant by the beach. it's run by a local phillipino and her retired American GI husband. i forgot his name but he's traveled around and decided to settle down in this little fishing village on boracay. not a bad choice at all!
i forgot to mention some of the local food we tried.
1. pork adobo: it's pork or chicken cooked ina a sauce that's based on soy sauce and vinegar. taste way better than my description
2. tinolang manok: some sort of clear broth chicken soup. very intense flavor, definitely stewed for many hours to achieve the intense chicken flavor.
3. pork sinigang: sweet and sour (almost like thai style tom yum soup) tasting soup.
4. fried liempo: deep fried pork belly. it's like thick sliced bacon but not as salty, FAT squared...one of my favourites.
5. beef tagalog: some sort of beef steak in onion brown sauce.
6. sweet and sour marlin: don't remember the name of this sauce but it's pretty good
7. large amount of fresh mango shakes. yeah the philippino mangoes are some of the best i have tried. and when they make the shakes out of fresh mangoes it's just incredible tasting!