D-day cometh [aka Must. Pack. Argh.]
Trip Start Jul 02, 2007
38Trip End Aug 03, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
In other news, what with the London bomb scare and the Glasgow burning car attack...I'm thinking I'm safer in India.
It appears I'm going to be travelling alone after all. Shaun has emailed me about a crazy mission to China [??] so I'm thinking I won't meet up with him, at least not until later on. I've not told the parents since I don't want to worry them. They ought to be reading this though so I guess they'll find out sooner or later.
Anyway, enough of the serious stuff.
Because I'll be travelling alone, I'm anticipating a good deal of internal monologue. I shall endeavour not to do it out loud, since this classes as 'talking to yourself' and is a sign of madness. However, I'm sure there will be many moments where I find myself thinking, "Oooh wow!" or "Say whaaaat?" or "Oh please, piss off!" depending on the situation.
I'm going to try and keep count of various incidents, including both internal and audible dialogue. This is not an original idea, so kudos to those who did it first and made me laugh. My thinking is something along the lines of:
1a) Number of times I thought I lost something only to find it after 5 minutes of muttered swearing.
1b) Number of times I resort to that most famous of Dad-curses: 'bloody arseholes!'
1c) Number of times I leave a place only to get a funny feeling. When I go back I find that I've left a vital object [credit card, passport, etc] behind.
2a) Bill Bailey quotes used.
2b) Garth Road quotes [with extra care taken in Muslim areas with the use of the phrase, "Stupid little piiiigs!"]
2c) Lolcat usage, ie "I can has cheezburger without dis ded fly?" or "I iz in your squwat loo, gettin it rong."
I expect the count for, "Do Not Want" is going to get pretty high...
3) Wisdom tooth pain rating [out of 10] / pain free days.
4) Tropical disease count. Don't scoff, it has happened before.
5) Shaun sightings.
6) Number of times I thought, "Oh Mum would NOT have liked this AT ALL!" [For a short while she entertained the idea of coming with me.]
7) Moments of silence taken in honour of Holly. This is the sign of really good food.
8) Moments I wished Jem was with me [either to take a photo cos I am crap, or just to be there to share the adventure].
9) Number of times someone tells me about someone they know from London/Manchester/Edinburgh called [insert generic British name here, such as John or Laura], and do I know them? No offence to Johns and Lauras reading.
That's all I have at the moment. If you are struck by incredible boredom one lazy afternoon, feel free to suggest others, either in the comments or via email - travelbug dot izzie at gmail dot com
Thanks for tuning in. Bzzzz