Last stop for John and Catherine

Trip Start May 20, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Cyclades,
Thursday, October 14, 2010

From Syros to Mykonos was a test of everyone's patience and perserverance.   It was a hard slog into the wind and even motor sailing we had to tack to get there.  We once again left at daybreak but the wind was already increasing as we cleared the harbour moles.

The weather forecast was for it to deteriorate in the afternoon, but despite our early start we literally ran headlong into it.  As we approached Mykonos it peaked at 37 knots, not good in the Med where the seas get really grumpy even at 20 knots.  However we found ourselves a spot in the so called marina and after a couple of false starts got ourselves into a well protected spot.  We decide we are not moving until we have sun and fair winds from a good place.

John decides to hire a car and over the next couple of days we all unwind.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: