To Mykonos town and Toga, Toga, Toga.

Trip Start Apr 19, 2008
Trip End May 25, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Cyclades,
Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today I planned on getting up early, but ended
up getting up at 10am. I then had breakfast – same buffet style
breakfast. After breakfast I relaxed in my room for a bit and then
went down to the beach and walked along it for a bit, taking pictures
here and there and exploring what there was to see. I then meet up
with my room mate and we had a bit of a swim before heading back to
the pool to relax a bit. The plan was to go into Mykonos town today,
we were going to catch the bus at 10.30 but missed it by not getting
up early enough, so we were going to catch the 1.30 bus.

Just before the bus was about to go, we headed
back to the room and got ready to go, then went down the bus stop,
got a ticket and waited for the bus. The bus was late – as usual
running on Greek time. It was a short ride to Mykonos Town. Dave and
I decided to stick together, so we explored some of the shops for a
bit, got some money out and then tried to find a place to have lunch.
We found a nice restaurant and ordered, we got lots of food and the
food was great. During lunch, these kittens started playing with my
back pack straps, generally having a good time. Athens in known for
its stray dogs, Mykonos has lots of stray cats.

After lunch we walked around some more, got
some souvenirs and then got some gelato. We had a look at some of the
back streets of the town, explored the little Venice area and
eventually made it to the windmills. Here we took some more pictures.
We then started heading back to the bus stop, looking at various
things as we passed. We caught the bus back to the resort, where back
in the room I packed my bag, showered and relaxed. We had dinner at
the resort tonight, it was a buffet style and very good, there was
also birthday cake as there were two birthdays on our tour within a
few days of each other. We had been told days earlier that we were
going to have a toga party tonight and during dinner we were shown
how to make a toga. We were also told during dinner that the bar was
having happy hour during our toga party.

Once dinner was over I went back to my room,
had a few pre drinks, finished packing, then made my toga. Once I was
dressed I started heading down to the party. On the way I stopped off
in some of the other rooms for some pre drinks. Once I got to the
today party, I purchased some drinks and thee good time began. There
was lots of dancing and a few people fell into the pool during the
night. After having a few more drinks, I sat and talked with some of
the people from the other groups. The party started ending up just
before midnight. This was because a large part of the group was going
to Paradise beach to a party where an international DJ called Moby
was going to perform. I was not going to go, because it was too
expensive, he wouldn't appear before 3am and I had never heard of
him. So after everyone left to go to the DJ thing, there was a group
of people who didn't go, and we just relaxed. We just started talking
and having a few more drinks, some of the other groups decided that
they were going to go down to the beach and potentially skinny dip, I
didn't join these people but sat with some of the others from my tour
group an we talked for a bit. Later I went with a group and we had a
go in the spas, then we headed down to the beach for a bit. After
returning we all went to bed, it was about 2am. It had been another
good day.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: