A very long day

Trip Start Apr 19, 2008
Trip End May 25, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Greece  , Cyclades,
Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today was an early start – up at 5am, because
we had to be on the ferry by 7.30am. I had breakfast – not much
because it was too early to eat. I then collected my bags and took
them to reception, where I checked out. After waiting for the others
we started walking to the bus. It was a 5 minute walk there and then
onto a bus. The bus took us to the port, along the way the tour
manager – Aly told us what was in store on Mykonos. Tonight we
would go for the dinner in town then go on a pub crawl about town, it
was going to be a long day. When we got to the port, there were all
these ferries heading to different islands, we found our ferry and
left our bags with all the cars, then went and found our seats. The
ferry left on time and it was a 5 hour trip to Mykonos.

On board they had wifi, so I got a card but it
didn't work, so I just organised my pictures, did some reading, slept
for a bit and wandered around the ship. I got some coffee and a
sandwich. When the ferry arrived in Mykonos we got our bags and
walked to the resort bus. This bus would take us to the resort, it
was about a 30 minute drive there. We got there and got an intro
about the place, went and found our rooms and relaxed. There are
another 2 contiki groups here as well. A Greek island hopper and part
of an explorer group. I then used the internet and then got changed
to swim in the pool. The pool was nice but it was a salt water pool.
For a few hours we talked around the pool, swam, had a few beers and
relaxed. It was a very windy island and this made the temperature
nice. The resort also has hard to open doors – a key card is need
it has to be done a certain way to open the door. After getting
changed for a night on the town we all meet in reception, where we
caught the resort bus to the town.

When we arrived we got a guided walk with
history from a native guide. It was an interesting walk and we saw
the blue and white houses, the streets, the windmills and a great
sunset. We also saw some of the famous churches in the town. After
the tour we stopped at a restaurant and had some drinks and dinner. I
ordered the mixed grill and it was as if someone had gotten some
random meats out of the freezer, grilled then and added chips. During
dinner we saw petros the pelican walking around. After dinner we went
bar hopping first up we went to Katrinas' bar, had a few drinks, then
to the Down under bar where we purchased some glow bands and some
more drinks. Our final stop was the Scandanavian bar. Here it was
crowded and there were people dancing everywhere. I had a few shots,
talked with some people and got a free t-shirt. After a while I got
bored and left, outside I meet up with Dave and we wandered around
for a bit, before deciding to head back to the bus. Before long
everyone else got on as well and the bus left. It was now 3am. We got
back to the resort and basically went to bed.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: