Its expensive in Switzerland.

Trip Start Apr 19, 2008
Trip End May 25, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Switzerland  , Swiss Alps,
Thursday, July 21, 2011

Woke up this morning at 7.30. It was no longer
raining. I had 15 minutes to get ready and head to breakfast, so I
decided to quickly change and then head to breakfast and I would
finish packing when I got back from breakfast. This is what I did,
but it made me late to the bus so I had to sit at the back of the
bus. Once all the bags were on the coach we left – 8.15am.

The first stop was the Swkowski museum just a
short drive away. Here there was a museum and a gift shop. The museum
was great but weird, lots of stuff made of crystals and a crystal
dome. I went through the museum then onto the gift shop, where I got
a few things, then went outside the museum and took pictures of the
giant head waterfall. I then went and had a coffee before getting on
the coach. Once we continued on the way I did some reading and
listened to some music.

The second stop that we made was in
Lichtenstein at the city of Vaduz. To get here we travelled through
the Austrian countryside which was great – the clouds rolling off
the mountains. In Vaduz we had lunch at this restaurant type place,
Lichtenstein is close to Switzerland that they use Swiss franks –
so lunch was a 15 Swiss franks meal of a hamburger and chips. After
lunch it started raining, I had a look in some of the shops and then
got my passport stamped at the information centre.

Back on the coach as we started heading through
Switzerland, the views and the scenery were great. We stopped at a
lookout and took pictures, the rain had finally stopped as we arrived
in the city of Lucerne. We got off the coach and walked to the chapel
bridge, walked across it and then went to Harry's souvenirs, here we
got to look at the knives, watches and some of the other things in
the three shops that they have. We then had a bit of free time to
explore, I had a look around some of the other shops, got myself
another cow bell, took some pictures, then found a Swiss chocolate
shop. I made a purchase of the chocolate and then headed to the
coach. We then went round to the Lion monument, took pictures of this
and had a bit of a history lesson here.

After leaving the lion monument we headed out
of the city heading to our accommodation for the next two nights.
Along the way we stopped for more views and took some great pictures.
We arrived in Lauterbrunnen just after 7pm. This area is famous for
all its waterfalls. We got our bags off the coach, found our rooms,
dropped the bags off and then went to the dining room where we had
fondue for dinner followed by some chicken. After dinner I went back
to the room, did a bit of unpacking then went to find the shower
room. Like the place in the wine regions, this place had separate
shower and toilet facilities, but they were separated into male and
female. The showers were located close to the bar. There was not much
space inside each cubicle. After a shower I went to the bar for a
bit, then joined some of the room parties going on. Overall it was an
early night as there was lots of things planned for the next day, so
most people were taking it easy and just sitting in the halls

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: