Vítejte v Praze!
Trip Start May 02, 2013
22Trip End Jul 12, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Some things I did:
- Enjoyed the excellent company and immense hospitality of a Czech family I never knew I had.
- Marveled at the price of beer, which is typically ~50 cents (10 Kc), per half-litre in the store
- Drank the beer and was simultaneously delighted and dismayed to discover that even the worst beer here is still better than the average Canadian brew
- Discovered that the Czech equivalent of salad is meat, potatoes, and dumplings
- Stood inside the St
- Strolled across the Charles Bridge amidst a sea of tourists and pickpockets and felt (for the first, but definitely not last, time), unbridled love for my money belt
- Gagged on the mineral water of the Carlsbad springs and wondered why people would drink it over beer.
- Drank some more beer.
- Ended up with a dozen used metro tickets and vowed to throw out the next one I used- Pocketed the next ticket I used.
- Boarded the 5:30 am metro to hravli padrazi train station, only to run into two travellers from Victoria, also catching the same train to Vienna.