Trekking with 3 Egyptian Valley Girls...

Trip Start Jan 31, 2011
Trip End Feb 21, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Sunday, February 13, 2011

The night before, we met up with Pam's friend, Bio, at her place of work.  She did massages at one of the many places here.  I guess Pam did massages too and that's how they met.  Right next to the place was a tour agent and we decided to plan our trip with her.  She was actually a friend of Boi's so I thought we could get a good deal.  Thai in the back pocket.  We booked a trip for the next day with snakes, canoes, elephants, hiking, waterfalls, and a Thai cooking class. We also book a trip to Phi Phi island, which her friend was going to join us on.

Again, the day started, early, waiting for a minibus to pick us up.  We were greeted by a few other travelers on the tour.  An older couple and three young girls from Egypt.  The girls were so stuck on themselves like three valley girls.  It was so annoying when they were talking, but it was kind of funny listening to them at the same time.  Imagine valley girl talk with bits of the Egyptian language thrown it.  But mostly, blah.  We went to a common spot to view the city from up high.  It was indeed a nice view for a photo opp.

We then set off for the elephant trekking.  When we got there, there was a baby elephant chain up to a fence at the front.  You could pay to feed the the elephant some bananas and a bottle.  Pam and I were whisked away from the group because we paid for the snake show and the others didn't I guess.  It was located conveniently in the same place.  Probably so they can fill up the brochure.  The side snake show was quite impressive.  I had never seen someone charm snakes in person.  I took lots of photos and videos on it.  I got to hold one.  It was only a little ball python.  Enjoy.  After snakes came the hour long elephant trekking.  It was ok.  I should have done the trekking in Chiang Mai.  I heard its longer and you get to travel through streams and to a waterfall.  I took some photos of a Japanese couple for them.  The guide sold Pam a necklace during the ride.  I don't think he was suppose to do that since he stopped the elephant just short of the beginning so make the deal.

Next, he drove us to a gem store.  Not on the brochure.  This was pissing me off because he had us spend 2 hours there trying to get us to buy things.  The older couple did.  Suckers.  We then drove to a walnut factory.  Which only consisted of one lady cracking walnuts manually.  The rest was a store selling walnut items.  I watched the lady and she would start and stop as tours would come in. Hehe.

We finally drove to a bay where we canoed.  Little disappointing as well because since it was low tide season, we were not able to paddle into the small coves on the sides.  Oh well.  It was still fun.

The highlight of the day was jumping into the water where the waterfall fell.  It was the last stop on our trip before we had lunch at the guide's house.  We had to walk a bit to reach the waterfall.  I guess this was considered the hiking.  There were local people all along the way swimming and picnicking.  The waterfall was a nice site.  I was the only one out of our group to get into the water.  At the end, the three girls from Egypt started fighting and screaming at each other.  Very annoying.  On the way to lunch, about 10 minutes later, they kissed and made up. 

Lunch was cooked by the tour guide's wife.  Their house was nice and they had everything laid out.  I guess her showing up how to cook was our Thai cooking class.  Not what it looked like in the brochure.  There were chickens and  chicks running around.  We saw their tailless cat running around as well.  I'm surprised the cat didn't try to eat the chicks.  Lunch was good, but I was ready to go back to the hotel.

When we got back, we took a quick nap and then went to the mall afterwards.  I guess the real highlight of my trip was the singing Thai Elvis.  He's alive. LOL.  I liked the air conditioned mall and enjoyed a water show outside as well.  It was another long day and we both called it a night around 9pm because we had to get up early once again for Phi Phi.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: