Traveling to Pattaya...

Trip Start Jan 31, 2011
Trip End Feb 21, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Add Comment

Flag of Thailand  ,
Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I had to wake up early and get my things ready to catch a minibus to Pattaya at 11am. Yesterday, my travel, agent, Emily, arranged everything for me.  She wasn't there, but Kon was.  She is the other agent.  I had to pick up my airline and train tickets from them later so I decided to get some chicken fried rice for breakfast.  I had it last night and it was so good I decided to get it again.  It only cost me 1 and it included a bottled water.

I went back and grabbed my tickets and chatted up Kon for a bit until my bus arrived.  Emily then appeared.  I don't know if I was drunk or not yesterday, but I think I just realized, Emily, was a dude.  I'm glad I didn't ask her/him to do something last night.  I kept staring at her/him Adam's apple even though it was quite small.  Maybe she/he had gotten it shaven down medically, dunno.

I took some pictures of my guesthouse before I left.  It was the best place in the area.  Clean and cheap.  It was 600 baht a night which is about 18 dollars US.  The front of the place was nice and secluded from the heavily traveled street.  It had a small Kio fish pond surrounded my small tables and chair for you to sit outside and dine at.  There were Indian/Middle Eastern people trying to sell you a custom tailored suit for 40 US.  I kept telling them it's too hot for a suit.

 The bus came and I was joined by a Korean mother and daughter for the trip.  The daughter was a student in Vietnam and mother was just visiting.  The trip took about 3 hours, longer than I expected.  We got off at the Pattaya bus station and took a little truck with benches in the back.  They called them taxies here.  When we arrived at the beach, we went our separate ways.  It took me a bit to find a room to rent, but I found one for 800 baht at the Orn Place.  It was a little off the main street, but at this point, I was tired of lugging my pack around.  They only had a two bed room and that is why it was more expensive.

 I changed, went to the beach, and had a few beers.  I spilled my first one, damn it.  After a few hours, I left and had some McDonalds.  I was craving some American food at this point.  There were so many gross old men with young pretty Thai girls.  It was really disgusting and I don’t get bothered by much.  I decided to call it a night and start my real time in Pattaya tomorrow.  I’m going to try to find the floating market in the morning.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: