Trip Start May 12, 2010
Trip End Jun 11, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Turkey  , Turkish Aegean Coast,
Monday, May 17, 2010

Today we left Kuşadasi and headed to Ephesus at 8 in the morning. There were a lot of tourists there compared to Bergama. There was a big crowd that we had to get through. We saw the odum (a smaller version of an amphitheater for political meetings not entertainment), the bathroom (which was basically a group men's bathroom, they had a fresh flow of water underneath so it flushed the sewage away, but they all sat on the holes), some palaces, and then the library. The library was pretty intact and it was breathtaking. It was tall and magnificent, even more so than Akropol. Each day beat the last. We walked through all of the ruins, they started to run together and I don’t remember what was what. However, we saw another amphitheater, which was huge and pretty intact. The top ten to twenty steps were closed off because they were crumbling. After that we walked to the first Virgin Mary Church and the walk was a pathway with tall wheat grass on each side, with mountains not too far away and some brick ruins. After bargaining a bit more, we headed to Pamukkale. On the way there, we came across some awesome strawberries, so we stopped and ate some. Dude, those wore some pretty epic strawberries, no joke. At Pamukkale, we saw some more ruins; however, these were different because they weren't all just marble. We walked up a long dirt and rocky path uphill to an amphitheater where we could see a rolling landscape and a gorgeous amphitheater. After getting some history and taking in the gorgeous landscape, we headed back down the path and saw Cleopatra's pool and Cotton Castle. Cotton Castle was a white rocky area that looked as if it were covered with snow with little mineral pools that were warm (the smaller ones were colder). After that we went to our hotel and relaxed for a bit before eating a wonderful dinner underneath the stars (although it was really cold). I was sort of told off by Boriş (our tour guide) because I had gotten little cut up hot dogs, haha. We were going to go the disco place in the downstairs of the hotel, but Alexis and I took a nap after dinner and then we overslept by a couple of hours and woke up around 1:30 found out the internet was finally working and got on and did our stuff. I went to bed around 4:30 and woke up at 6:30 for breakfast, we had breakfast and I went back to sleep and woke up at 8, got read and then had breakfast again. Now we're off to Bursa- a 6 hour drive. Peace everyone!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: