Just off to the Western hemisphere. Back September
Trip Start May 05, 2011
19Trip End Sep 08, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1) It is currently remarkably good weather. And I'm off to the South America during their winter. Well, dang. At least I can be comforted by the thought of the cruel precipitation that will no doubt mar the British summer.
2) As I was fond of saying, aged 3: 'I'm running away - and this time I mean it!'
3) On the subject of running away - I don't do anything by halves. Brazil, here we come.
4) I currently know 0% of the Brazilian Portuguese language
5) Once I've finished packing, my room may actually be tidy. For about four months. Shame I won't be here to enjoy it.
6) Packing drives me insane. I loose all lucidity and meaning.
7) Snargle. btrebt.
8) I'm essentially ready. How freaky is that? I'll tell you how freaky: not really that freaky. What is freaky is that people keep unsettling me by acting surprised and unnerved that I'm off in 3 days. Hope they don't know something I don't...
And so I'm off! On what promises to be a great adventure. This trip will take in many of the best bits of South America: I fly to Rio de Janeiro, and then I saunter down the coast, to Ihla Grande, Sao Paulo, cheekily fly off into the Amazon, and then return to continue this epic arc. And that's just the beginning. I intend to see Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, and then all the best that the US of A and Canada have to offer. I'll be wowed by a fireworks festival in Vancouver, and (assuming I live to tell the tale) I'll be partying for a week at the Burning Man Arts Festival in the middle of the Nevada Desert. To say I'm excited is to dip slightly into understatement.
I hope you'll all be able to follow me on my travels, wherever I go. Any tips on things to see, or places to eat, will of course be much appreciated. But...perhaps just for today...I'm off to enjoy the summer sun in Chipping Norton. Will write soon!