Te quiero Barcelona!
Trip Start Sep 18, 2010
86Trip End Jul 27, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Spent another day letting myself get lost in the streets of Barcelona. For the first time today I felt appreciative and blessed to be here alone. I would not have taken it all in in the same way had a co-traveler taken away my focus.
I am refraining from another description or lame account of my days here. Today, I have fully succumbed to this cityīs beauty. I donīt recall ever before having been quite this struck, choked up and teary-eyed about any other place. Have you ever been so overwhelmed by beauty that it made you cry? Does that make me crazy? Mental? Is it happiness? Depression? Bliss? Or maybe just PMS.
Either way, here is a thought I had today I wanted to share:
When I die, I want my ashes to be spread across hundreds of little containers
Here is my own list so far. Obviously, I hope to be adding to this in the next few months:
- Barcelona (which has just topped my list of favourite places!)
- Venice, Florence
- Ushuaia, Buenos Aires, Puente del Inca, Perito Moreno Glacier, Cerro de los Siete Colores
- Machu Picchu, Belen in Iquitos
- Chicago, Toronto right from my own balcony, hide me in the best and prettiest restaurants in Toronto and NY
- Jamaica: Give one piece to Buffalo Bill to find the most beautiful place there for me
- Harbour Island / Bahamas
- Cologne, Heidelberg, the backyard of the house I grew up in in Pforzheim
- your favourite neighbourhoods in Paris, Budapest, Toronto
Off to Toledo via Madrid tomorrow.