Dec 01, 2010
Dec 01, 2010
Today, the weather forecast was ugly. I called the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Police last night – they said that the wind was supposed to pick up with the storm – no guarantee it would be safe for a motorcycle. I was NOT comfortable attempting it, nor taking a chance of going all the way to the bridge to be turned away – so I opted to go inland. Problem with that is – according to the weather channel, the weather up the I-98 was predicted to be thunder storms and winds - 'intense' with possible tornados! YIKES. So I got up at the crack of dawn to take off early – might be a long day and I wanted to race the storm if I could. WELLLLLL – I made it to almost Washington, DC when I stopped for gas – dreading that traffic around DC and Baltimore – when a young man engaged in conversation – and suggested an alternative route to avoid all that traffic. What a Godsend! He suggested taking the outer loop around Washington, DC to the US 50 – across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (not the tunnel one) – then north on the 301 thru Maryland to the I 95 at Wilmington. It was WONDERFUL – wide-open farm land – very little traffic. The skies were very gray, with some wind. But it didn’t start raining again till almost Wilmington – and then it wasn’t bad. By the time I hit Philadelphia, the skies turned dark again – and it sprinkled again – but that ‘intense’ storm never hit me. I have decided that the Weather Channel is messing with me. That’s the only explanation that makes sense……. Jeez. Tomorrow is going to be interesting – covering a lot of territory – and the storm is supposed to have blown over for a couple of days.