A visit to Basti

Trip Start Sep 21, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of India  ,
Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 193 Sat 20th May 2006
A visit to Basti

I had a restless night and the last thing I needed was Laxmi (the cleaner) banging on the door at 7am telling me to open up so she could wash my clothes. I told her that I would do my own washing and in future if the door isn't open it means I'm still asleep! I know it was  bit rude, but... Not a good way to start the day, I couldn't get back to sleep after that, so I just got up.

I went to Nakodar to sort out the tiles for Baba Moti's. We need to get about 16 more boxes but I wanted to make sure that the colour was the same. I started to look through the boxes they had there, but it was hard to tell the shades apart. I asked them to order a new batch of tiles and they should be here on Monday/Tuesday ( not holding my breath for that one).

Next stop was the car/bike wash, against my advise Soma had the bike Jet-washed, this meant water got into the system somewhere and it took about 30 minutes to start it afterwards.  It started misfiring, the indicators and the horn also stopped working... why do I bother! We got back to Pind around midday and I left for Jalandhar at 1pm. Pawan and Meetu (Darshan Uncles Kids) were leaving to go back to the UK tomorrow, so I thought I'd go and say goodbye. I first went to Kittu's to get him to look at the bike, I left it there and made my way to the house in Basti. I stayed there most of the afternoon, the house was pretty quiet and there was not much going on. Auntie is still getting calls from people offering their condolences, I'm sure it's all appreciated but Auntie has to relive the whole experience with every call. I said my goodbyes and left there around 6pm. I went to Kittu's but he was still working on the bike. He managed to sort out the indicators and the misfiring but the horns were a no-go, I think they should dry out with time. I left there at 7.30pm and it was dark by the time I got back to Pind. On the way back I had the idea of buying another bullet, an old one, and fixing it up. That way I could lock it up when I leave and don't let anyone else ride it around. I'm sure other people using it while I'm not here causes most of the problems with this bike. I'll ask Kittu about it and see what he thinks.

Anyway, by the time I got back it was time to eat and then crash out. it's been a long and tiring day, I really need to think about moving on from here now. I was thinking about making a trip to Hem Kund Sahib but everyone says it's not open until the 4th of June an I don't think I want to stay here that long.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: