Stopover in Sri Lanka, assault on flight to Delhi

Trip Start Sep 21, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of India  ,
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 153 Mon 10th April 2006
Stopover in Sri Lanka, assaulted on the flight and getting into India.

I didn't get much sleep last night, for some reason although we were in a very nice hotel, the AC was actually pretty crap! I got up at 9.30am with a banging headache, which stayed with me most of the day. I went down and had some breakfast thinking that might help with the headache, but no such luck. The hotel was quite big and right on the beach, I did go out onto the beach for a while but that didn't help the headache at all, so just came back to my room till lunchtime. I met up with the guys from last night at lunch (the two from Nakodar). We were picked up from the hotel at 1pm and dropped off to the airport. We met up with the cricket team in the lounge and this time the flight was on time. I had left my hat on the flight last night and tried to find out if it had been handed in, but no luck. I'm quite gutted about that I really liked that hat. We had some time to kill at the airport so I tried log onto the WiFi, I paid for it online but then it wouldn't let me log in. I tried to complain and get my money back but it all fell on def ears.

The flight itself was ok, there was no in-flight entertainment so we created some of our own! I was reading a book for a while then the cricket team got me to come to the back and sit with them, we were having a laugh amongst our selves and there was a passenger sitting in the row on the other side of the isle to where I was who was pretty drunk. He was getting annoyed that we were having a laugh and decided it would be good for him to kick me on my thigh while I was standing up. I freaked out and all hell broke out for about 30 seconds, there were two in-flight security guards who were supposed to be keeping an eye on him, they were sitting right next to him but didn't think to seat him away from the isle, that was clever. Anyway, the head flight attendant calmed things down and we all sat down, the drunk twat was moved to the back of the flight and we all carried on as normal. It wasn't a hard kick at all and to be honest I think we kind of provoked the guy cause we were taking the piss out of him, a bit. I had to fill in a form saying what happened and the guy was blacklisted from all future Srilankan flights.

We got into Delhi at 7pm, Gagan and Soma were there to pick me up, the other two guys came along with us too. It was a bit weird being back in Delhi after travelling through Cambodia, everything looked nice and new, all the roads were cleaner and it just seemed a nicer place than before, maybe they knew I was coming and made the effort to sort things out a bit! yeah dream on buddy! We drove most of the night, stopped off for food along the way and of course made numerous stops for tea, oh how I have missed Masala tea! I drove back the last hour-and-half, I don't know why it just kind of happened that way.

I got home for around 4am, my mum was awake and after dropping my bags we stayed up talking for a couple of hours, just catching up on stuff at home. I eventually crashed out at 6am.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: