My last day in Bangkok, and moving back to India.

Trip Start Sep 21, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Sri Lanka  ,
Monday, April 10, 2006

Day 152 Sun 9th April 2006
My last day in Bangkok, and moving back to India.

I had to check-out today at midday so I was up at 9am. I went to the laundry area to see if my whites had come out white yet, and the house-keeper had already rinsed them out and put them on the line for me, how nice is that? Both Derek and I were feeling a bit off key this morning, but against our better judgement we went to the weekend market. I wanted to get some shades and maybe another hat or two. We got there around 1pm and were only there half-an-hour or so before the heavens opened it poured down with rain (see vid). I have not seen anything like it out here before, it was worse than when we came back from Cambodia the other day. Most of the market got flooded and we just made our way out of there ASAP.

When we got out of the metro it was still raining, so we went into Fortune for a bit, I never realised how big that place was until today, we found another part of it in the basement. We made it back to Madras for around 3.45pm, and I went back to Fortune to get a silicone cover for my phone, I know, talk about last minute! By the time I got back to Madras, it was coming up to 6pm. May called me a cab and off I went, I said my goodbyes and 20 minutes later I was at the airport. May knew the cab driver, but he still ripped me off, he charged me 200BHT when the meter said 140BHT, I really couldn't be bothered with it, so just gave him the money. I got into the airport thinking my flight was at 9.30pm, it was in fact at 7.30pm! I was just in time, the last passenger to get checked-in, something's will never change! I hadn't realised I need to pay a 500BHT airport tax so had to get some money out from the ATM. I made it to the departure lounge in time (running all the way), only to find the flight was late. I sat there with all the other passengers for a whole hour before they started boarding the flight.

In the departure lounge I met a group of lads from the Punjab, it turned out they were the Patiala Cricket team and they had been in Bangkok for a tournament. We got talking and although the were a bit timid at first they soon opened up and before I knew it, they were cussing each other left, right and centre, proper Punjabi cussing too! They kept me entertained for the time we had to wait and on the flight too. There was one Singh, who was absolutely hilarious, he just kept on talking and cussing and joking the whole time. I made a video of some of his commentary on the flight, but if you don't understand Punjabi there is no point watching it.

The flight left at 8.30pm, and while the cricket team concentrated their efforts on getting drunk I watched 'The Chronicles of Narnia'. When we got to Sri Lanka for the stop over, the team went off to another hotel and a couple of other Punjabi lads came over to the hotel I was in, we go talking and it turns out they are from Nakodar too, in fact one guy is from the very next Pind to mine, how freaky is that? They were saying they would probably end up catching a bus to Jalandhar from Delhi, but I told them I was getting picked up and they could just come along with me. We are staying at the Goldie Sands Resort in Negambo, it's a really nice hotel, but it's now 1am and I feel totally wasted, so it over and out for now!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: