Not quite my last day in Jalandhar

Trip Start Sep 21, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of India  ,
Thursday, February 9, 2006

Day 93 Thur 9th Feb 2006
Not quite my last day in Jalandhar
I came to Jalandhar this morning thinking it would be my last visit and I should say my goodbyes to everyone. I didn't get here till 1pm, I went to Gauthams office first and borrowed his bike for what I thought was going o be a couple of hours. My first stop on the goodbye tour was Bhabi's mums house, hey were all in and I had the obligatory cup of tea and a little chat with Bhabi's mum. Next stop was Basti Bawakhel, I chilled there for a while just chatting with Darshan uncle and auntie fixed me some lunch. It was nice to be able to spend time with them because they are normally so busy. After there I went to the Sherwani guy, this was around 4.30pm. Remember he said it would be ready yesterday, well it wasn't ready, surprise surprise! He said they just needed to put the collar on and sew on some buttons, this was going to take at least half an hour (this probably meant more than an hour). After having a go at him I decided to go into the bazaar to see how they were getting on with Jag's Cortey. I met up with the girls from Basti there, they were shopping with Vinods wife, we went for a coffee, well Paneer pakora, Raas Malai then coffee! After they went back to basti I jumped in a Auto to go and collect the Sherwani, it was 7.30 by now so I thought it must be ready, how wrong was I?!!! Yep they still hadn't finished it and when I went into the workshop to see how far they actually were with it they still had to put the cllar on and sew the buttons up! What a wind this point I was livid, the guy was all 'sorry sorry sorry' but that just made me more mad! In the end he told me he would get it dropped off to me in the morning, it was around 8.30 by the time I got Gauthams bike back to the office, it was too late to go back to Pind so I asked Vinodh to drop me off at Basti. I am spending the night here, firstly because its too late to go home but also because I would only have to come back here in the morning. I spent what was left of the evening catching up with travelogues. I am going to Gauthams office in the morning to upload what I can, then after checking the Sherwani I will make my way back to Pind for around midday(I HOPE!). It's been quite warm in Punjab since I got back from Rajasthan, its nice to see things are looking up on the weather front.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: