Finally get my Nagozey

Trip Start Sep 21, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of India  ,
Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Day 92 Wed 8th Feb 2006
Finally get my Nagozey
I struggled to get out of bed this morning, the travelling back to Punjab has really taken it out of me. I had to go to Jalandhar today to sort some stuff out for my dad, he wanted me to meet up with someone. I got to Gauthams office and Arun was there, he wanted to know all about my trip to his native Rajasthan. I showed him the pictures I had had a told him about my travels. We went to meet this guy, but he wasn't at home so I went with Soma to Makandpur to buy my Nagozey. The last time we went there it was in Gagans car, this time we took the bus. We had to get a bus to Phagwara and then the local bus to Makandpur, it seemed to take forever getting there because the driver kept stopping the bus to pick up passengers. When we eventually got there the old man who makes the Nagozey had already got a pair ready for me, they were only RS250. I couldn't leave there with out hearing him play (see vid), I think it will be a while before I can play anything like that! We got back on the bus to Phagwara, this driver was worse than the first guy, he would wait for people to come out of their houses and walk to the main road to catch the bus!!! We just got fed up, got off half way and took an Autorickshaw the rest of the way. We finally got back to Jalandhar at 4.30, it had taken the best part of 5 hours to go to Makandpur and back. I met up with the guy I was supposed to see in the morning and then went to Gauthams office. We had some food and I asked Vinod to drop us off at Guru Ravidass Chowk, where we could get our bus back to Nakodar. Three of us got onto the bike, Vinod was in front, then Soma and I was on the end, we were coming up to the first roundabout and I felt someone grab my arm, it was a policeman trying to stop us because Soma and I had no helmets on. Vinod didn't stop and just sped off, that's the Punjabi way ! we all know what happens when you get stopped. We got back to pind for around 7pm. I had a phone call from the gut who is making the Sherwani telling me it would be ready to collect at 8pm , I told him I will collect it tomorrow, I hope it has turned out nice.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: